Web mail on andriod

Started by john7, Oct 09, 2020, 09:37:41

Previous topic - Next topic

john7

I may well be missing something but I am finding using webmail on an android very difficult, I have vision problems, which doesn't help.  My old ISP had a different webmail you could use on phones but I can't see a IDNet phone one. It doesn't help that what display works OK for PC is useless on my phone. Is there something I can do or workaround?

robinc

Webmail is not a pretty sight at the best of times.

Consider an Android mail client using IMAP - I have used k9 mail for a number of years and it does the trick on a small screen.

Option 2 - switch to a gmail account and use the gmail app on Android.
If we tell people their brain is an app - they might actually start to use it.

Simon

... or use the default email client on your phone, setting up the account using IMAP.
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

john7

Thanks, k9 is a lot better than the default IDNet one. I will have to get to grips with it! The default one on my M9 is Gmail which drives me round the bend with the spam Google keep sending

Technical Ben

The IDNet Webmail portal is a little picky on the GUI IMO.
The native mobile version is too large and nothing fits on screen.
The Desktop version is navigable, but I can never find the "empty trash" button. :P
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

krysia

I've been using Spark on my Android phone and really like it.  You can have all your email accounts in the app,and it's easy to move messages from one to the other - since IDNet allows only a 100 MB mailbox size, I regularly archive stuff in Outlook.