Oh dear!

Started by Adrian, Oct 04, 2020, 09:52:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian

I wasn't able to access the internet yesterday morning so rebooted my router and this happened (first picture). Overnight was no better so disconnected completely this morning for an hour or so and we seem to be back up but at a lower speed (second picture).

My line has been rock solid since I finally got Openreach to replace it a year or two back whatever the weather threw at it so quite why this has happened is beyond me at the moment. Roll on FTTP.

Adrian

Simon

For what its worth, I've had no issues in Sussex, but we haven't had the weather as bad as some other places.
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Adrian

It can only be the weather but it is over two years since the line was replaced and until now my connection hasn't missed a beat. I feel a call to IDNet support is my first job tomorrow.
Adrian

Clive

For what it's worth, I had no internet yesterday morning until around 10 am but it's been fine ever since.  We had rain of Biblical proportions but I put it down to an upgrade to fibre on Thursday.   :dunno:

zappaDPJ

Something has trashed my connection during the last week. It's probably the rain which has been relentless.
zap
--------------------

Adrian

Things have improved considerably overnight with just a few disconnections. I'll see how it goes over the next day or so. :fingers:
Adrian

zappaDPJ

Likewise. The rain stopped overnight and my stability and throughput seems to be returning to normal  :fingers:
zap
--------------------

Clive

Adrian

Nice OR engineer came round at 08:00 yesterday and identified two faults. He swapped out equipment in the exchange and had to get a colleague to come and help him lift a cover in the middle of the nearby main road due to second fault in there, It all took best part of 3 hours but all seems well now ;D
Adrian

Simon

They must be missing their cups of tea and bacon sandwiches.   ;D
Simon.
--