Netmonitor.org closing on August 25, 2007

Started by Rik, Aug 21, 2007, 10:11:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

See:

http://www.netmonitor.org/closing.php

"Netmonitor and L8NC are closing...

It is with regret that I have to announce the closure of the netmonitor and l8nc sites and tools. While they have proved to be interesting projects that I hope have been useful to a number of people, I can no longer justify the time and costs of running these sites with my current personal real-world-paying-the-bills workload. The sites and server are also badly in need of an upgrade and while much has been prepared, there is no time to complete this work and deploy it. While the sites have proved stable (current server uptime is over 700 days), the time required to keep the server load under control, handle spam and so on cannot be justified at the moment for a freebie service.

The Netmonitor website and email will close on 25 August 2007 and none of the tools will be accessible from that date.

L8nc users will from 25 August 2007 no longer be able to register, create or edit tests. Users who need to make any changes after this date will only be able to delete tests. All tests will stop on 15 September 2007 and the website and email will close.

Both may return in the future, but for now thanks to all those who have used the tools and sent their thanks. Apologies to anyone whose email has not been answered but unfortunately paying work has had to come first."

It's a great shame, this has always been a useful site.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Lance

Indeed it is a shame. I have L8NC constantly running, and for people with routers with poor reporting, it was a good way of seeing when resyncs occured.
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.