Monitor not waking up.

Started by Den, Feb 25, 2024, 21:13:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Den

I've had a new computer made with Windows 11 installed.

Sometimes when I wake up the computer from sleep mode it does not wake the monitor.

The guy who supplied the new computer said that it sounds like a problem with the monitor or the hdmi lead but nothing has changed with either and they have never given me a problem before.

If I turn off the computer and the turn it back on the monitor works.  Any thoughts.
Mr Music Man.

Simon

HDMI is a strange and unreliable beast.  I have the same issue with my TV switching to different HDMI inputs.  Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't. 

I don't have any further ideas, other than checking in the Power / Sleep settings of the computer and / or the monitor and see if anything might need tweaking?
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

zappaDPJ

It's a fairly common issue. If you're sure the PC is actually waking up I would make sure you have the latest graphics card drivers installed. If that doesn't provide a fix it's probably a problem either with your power settings or with the fast startup feature. If the monitor or cable were faulty you would have had the same problems with your old PC so it has to be an issue with the setup on your new PC.
zap
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

nowster

I would not recommend feeding it coffee.