PAC first or order sim first?

Started by peasblossom, Jun 08, 2022, 20:57:51

Previous topic - Next topic

peasblossom

Seriously considering a switching to Three's other brand Smarty as payg prices have gone up. But a question. Is it better, in your experience, to order the sim card first, then text for the pac when it arrives or the other way round? I'm unsure and it's long while since I did this and things have moved on a lot.

Simon

I've not switched providers for probably 30 years, so it's a long while since I did it as well, but my inclination would be to get the new SIM first, as you can't actually do anything before you get that, then you will have it for when you go through the PAC process.
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

peasblossom

It's been long enough (not 30 years but a good stretch of time) that some reassurance my hunch is OK is good! Thanks, Simon.

zappaDPJ

It really depends on the network but SIM card first is more common :)
zap
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

robinc

Worth remembering that not all MVNOs offer all the facilities that the main network do. Check that you're getting all you want/use/need with Smarty.
If we tell people their brain is an app - they might actually start to use it.

peasblossom

Quote from: robinc on Jun 09, 2022, 06:27:15
Worth remembering that not all MVNOs offer all the facilities that the main network do. Check that you're getting all you want/use/need with Smarty.
Indeed. Like what do they mean by unlimited? (Which I have looked at, btw.)

nowster

Virtual operators like Smarty tend to get lower priority within the host network than the host network's own customers. Essentially they're taking up their spare capacity. Expect the bandwidth available to be slightly less than you were used to as a Three customer, with more of a difference during peak times.

peasblossom

They are virtual but they are also very clearly a Three/Hutchison company, like Voxi is to Vodafone and GiffGaff is to O2.