Dropouts worse than ever

Started by Clive, Jul 18, 2022, 13:56:19

Previous topic - Next topic

zappaDPJ

Quote from: Clive on Sep 01, 2022, 22:28:33
presumably it gets the information from the router not the computer. 

That's correct Clive. So long as the router is powered, that's all that's required :)
zap
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Clive

Thanks Zap.  With most of my appliances fired up again I had only one dropout today around midday. 

Clive

None for two whole days.  :dunno:

Postal

Has anyone near you just gone on their holidays or moved away?

Clive

Nobody living nearby has moved or gone away.  It makes less sense each day but I've received a second monthly bill from ID Net and I haven't been charged for the callout.  There is no doubt that removing the callblocker improved the situation immensely.  And I can live with one or two dropouts a day.  But I'd love to get to the bottom of it. 

Clive

Another day, without dropouts. 

Clive

But not today.  THe internet went down at 10 am which was confirmed by my router lights.  Later in the day  checked out Think Broadband which showed a red line at 10 am.  I'm pretty sure that I usually get a yellow line to signal a dropout?  So was today's event a different type of dropout or does this confirm I have really lost my mind?   :dunno:

Simon

Simon.
--

Clive

Is it a harsher dropout than a yellow line? 

zappaDPJ

Quote from: Clive on Sep 07, 2022, 08:53:00
Is it a harsher dropout than a yellow line? 

A red line means your device is not contactable so it's either turned off or your connection in to it is down. The yellow line indicates maximum latency so if the line goes to the top of the graph that suggests hi latency/a saturated line. If there is a large amount of yellow in the graph it usually indicates either a poor quality connection or you have a house full of teenagers maxing out your connection!
zap
--------------------

Clive

Clive

I'm going to whisper it quietly but there have been no dropouts in recent days.   :fingers: touch wood and invoke any other pagan superstitions.   :whistle:

Clive

Dare I hope the problem has resolved itself?  Perhaps it was caused by the high temperatures we had this summer?   :dunno:

Simon

Simon.
--

Clive