Landline SMS - My handset will send but not receive

Started by wellhiddenmark, Jan 25, 2023, 15:59:13

Previous topic - Next topic

wellhiddenmark

Hi

I have a Paragon 650 handset on my IDnet line (which is provided by BT wholesale)

I can send an SMS from the phone and it is received by my mobile but when I send a reply, I (used to) get a call from 0845 602 1111 instead of it being sent to the handset. This is where the SMS is read out via text-to-speech. I don't understand why, as this phone supports SMS, so it should receive the SMS directly.

Since I sent reset to 00000 in an attempt to resolve this issue, I no longer get calls from the text-to-speech number, and the "Welcome / Reset" SMS reply from BT is the only SMS that is received properly by the handset. All other SMS replies to my landline number are blackholed now. They never appear on the handset and they are not in the Voice Text Store (accessed by calling 0845 602 1111)

Since this morning, I have now started receiving calls from 03333 440000 which is a text service provided by AQL

Can anyone confirm if I can use the BT service centre numbers or should I be using a different service centre for IDNet?

I'm sure this service worked flawlessly when I had my IDnet line in a different part of the country.

Thanks