IDNet internet usage data

Started by teshy, Feb 09, 2023, 15:24:40

Previous topic - Next topic

teshy

On my IDNet customer dashboard I can see my internet usage data. I have seen some unexpected usage data. For example, around two weeks ago, it reported that approximately 55GB had been uploaded in a one hour period at around 3am. 55GB upload in one hour on an 80/20 FTTC connection is not even possible. My understanding is that in one hour an 80/20 connection would be able to upload around 8GB or 9GB. Then, around two days ago, I noticed two consecutive one hour periods (around 7 and 8am) showing uploads of just over 8GB each. I am sure I don't have this much data set to sync up to any of my cloud services so not sure why such uploads are being reported. In any case, that 55GB I mentioned is not even possible to upload in one hour on 80/20.

Has anyone else on IDNet seen unexpected usage data on their customer dashboards?

mikeporter

Yes, I noticed a massive upload. It was on the 26th Jan and was 55.75GB. I can't access the time details now, but if memory serves me correctly it was the very early hours of the morning mabe 0300h