Phone charges increase

Started by Clive, May 23, 2023, 15:32:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Clive

Priceless!  What a miserable world it's become!   ::)

zappaDPJ

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/jul/04/more-than-half-of-uk-broadband-customers-hit-by-connection-problems

I wonder how many of those people complaining of connection issues are having problems due to the OpenReach infrastructure rather than their ISP. My connection drops regularly but it's always late in the evening or early morning. That suggests to me it's more likely to be engineering works rather than a problem with IDNet.
zap
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

zappaDPJ

I've just had yet another night of continual disconnections. I can see from looking at other IDNet BQMs that it's been the same for other customers but not everyone.
zap
--------------------

Gary

Quote from: zappaDPJ on Jul 05, 2023, 04:20:22
I've just had yet another night of continual disconnections. I can see from looking at other IDNet BQMs that it's been the same for other customers but not everyone.
Just looked though my router logs, mines pretty solid no drops in any of the logs so not sure why yours does it  :shake:. Which backhaul provider are you with on IDNet?
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

zappaDPJ

Quote from: Gary on Jul 05, 2023, 11:27:51
Which backhaul provider are you with on IDNet?

I've no idea Gary. This a relatively new FTTP connection. It went down for 15-20 minutes just after 3.00am, again at 4.00am and once again about an hour later. It was the same for Simon's connection and a few others but clearly not everyone.
zap
--------------------

Simon

Funnily enough, I didn't notice.  ;D
Simon.
--

zappaDPJ

zap
--------------------

Simon

The final outage...   ;D
Simon.
--

zappaDPJ

zap
--------------------

Clive

One of my favourite sayings:

Soon you will be dead.
Not long after that everyone who knows you will be dead.
And not long after that, everyone who has ever heard of you will be dead.   :facepalm:

peasblossom

Dithering over this. City Fibre are the fibre provider of choice here, so picking anyone else (like Hyperoptic who sound good to me) means finding out if they are available now or waiting. I refuse to jump ship and go to a larger firm though because their customer service will be nowhere near as good as IDNet's is, but I am keen to pay a bit less.

Clive

My son has Hyperoptic in London and it's certainly very good.  During the six years he's had it he has not had a single issue.

zappaDPJ

I've read good things about Hyperoptic, competitive pricing and they currently have some pretty decent special offers. Shame they don't cover my area.
zap
--------------------

peasblossom

Quote from: zappaDPJ on Jul 10, 2023, 17:32:24
I've read good things about Hyperoptic, competitive pricing and they currently have some pretty decent special offers. Shame they don't cover my area.

Nor mine. I registered interest a while ago in the hope that they will one day.