ID Mobile

Started by Clive, Sep 05, 2023, 22:16:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

I don't believe it is, Clive. 
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Clive

Shame as I would have been happy to switch when my contract with O2 expires next month.  They are almost impossible to contact.

Simon

That's why I switched to Sky Mobile.
Simon.
--

Clive

It's suddenly occurred to me that 02 may be another name for BT.  Does anyone have experience of Three? 

Simon

As far as I'm aware, O2 is owned 50/50 by Telefónica and Liberty Global. So, nothing to do with BT any more. 

I've heard mixed reports about Three, but aren't they merging with Vodafone?

Sky Mobile uses O2s network, so if you have a good signal with O2, you should get a good signal with Sky.
Simon.
--

Clive

Do you have to have Sky TV in order to use their phone network because I dumped Sky 10 years ago and don't wish to have it back.

Clive

My issue with 02 is that they are supposed to be giving me free roaming yet I always end up with big bills after a holiday.

Simon

I don't have anything with Sky other than the mobile service.  Here's some info on roaming:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-mobile-roaming
Simon.
--

Simon

Quote from: Clive on Sep 06, 2023, 15:04:54
I'm very tempted by this plan:  https://mobile.lebara.com/gb/en/best-sim-only-deals/30gb-monthly-plan-15/p/441220

I bet you don't need all that data.  How much do you use the internet on your phone?
Simon.
--

nowster

Quote from: Clive on Sep 06, 2023, 12:56:31
It's suddenly occurred to me that 02 may be another name for BT.  Does anyone have experience of Three? 

O2 is pretty much Virgin Cable nowadays.

It's EE that was bought by BT.

I don't use Three as their coverage for 4G isn't as good as EE in rural areas.

Clive

Quote from: Simon on Sep 06, 2023, 17:57:09
I bet you don't need all that data.  How much do you use the internet on your phone?

Quite a bit.  My newspaper downloads, facebook, banking, general surfing.  I'm warming to Lebara as there is no contract.

Quote from: nowster on Sep 07, 2023, 11:54:16
O2 is pretty much Virgin Cable nowadays. 

It's EE that was bought by BT.

I don't use Three as their coverage for 4G isn't as good as EE in rural areas.

Thanks Nowster, that's very useful to know. 

peasblossom

On the data front, my plan offers me 4GB per month. I'll never use that much but that's reassuring and I use it mostly to check bus times. It also costs a modest £6 with unlimited texts and calls. This is with Smarty who are owned by Three but operated in the same way Vodafone's Voix is. They promise there will be no annual price rises. Good thus far, though I expect they will rise at some point. Sure they will, rather.

If IDNet ever did venture into this though, I'd be very Interested.