'I RECORDED YOU!' IDNet email scam

Started by zappaDPJ, Oct 24, 2023, 22:17:09

Previous topic - Next topic

zappaDPJ

Anyone receiving an email via their IDNet email account entitled 'I RECORDED YOU!' should ignore it, it's a phishing scam. That's probably already obvious to everyone but just in case it's the first email of its type that you've received, I can guarantee it's a scam.

There is however another question to be asked, how is it that this email was received on three separate IDNet email addresses within minutes of each other? I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had such an email.

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/i-recorded-you/
zap
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Simon

I've had loads of variations of them.  Can't recall if they were to different accounts, but definitely to my IDNet address(s).  I tend to use custom filters to get rid of them.
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Bill

Quote from: zappaDPJ on Oct 24, 2023, 22:17:09I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had such an email.

Not recently, but some years ago I had quite a run of them, over a period of a couple of months as I recall. I only had one IDNet email account at the time.

They were obviously scams, but tbh I wasn't unduly bothered- I didn't use the computer's contact list then, I wrote them down in a notebook... I was pretty sure they couldn't get at that ! :D

After a while they just stopped.
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

talos

Iv had a spate of French emails in my junk folder, don't  know if they are spam , cant read French  :laugh:

Clive

My wife received several on her BT email account a few years ago.  We blocked the sender and reported them to report@phishing.gov.uk