iDNet & FritzBox 7530

Started by Tacitus, Jan 07, 2024, 11:06:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Tacitus

I've just purchased a Fritz 7530 off eBay, which looks like it's ex-Zen since some of the configuration info has been left in place.  The interface is like nothing I've seen on any of the Zyxel or Drayteks I've set up over the years but maybe I'll grow into it.....

The internet settings don't use a VLAN tag - usually 101 - there is a space for a pbit set at zero.  It's easy to alter the VLAN setting, but do I need to do anything regarding the pbit?  Not seen this on any other modem so it may be a German thing or dependent on one of the altnets.  Alternatively, can I leave both blank, and it will automatically sort itself out since it's an Openreach line?

Does anyone have any advice?

faircot

These are the settings I have which I think were the default ones when I set up the 7350. I didn't change them.

Use VLAN for internet access
VLAN-ID 101
PBit 0

HTH

Tacitus

Quote from: faircot on Jan 07, 2024, 13:06:39
These are the settings I have, which I think were the default ones when I set up the 7350. I didn't change them.
Use VLAN for internet access
VLAN-ID 101
PBit 0
HTH

Yes, thank you very much.  It is an ex-Zen 7530, and the label, has: " Edition Zen Internet" along with the WiFi key, etc.

AVM may do a production run purely for Zen, making me wonder whether the firmware and interface are the same as the standard models.  I know this is an iDNet forum, but I would appreciate the information if any Zen refugees here might know.

Arctophile

Many thanks, that is just what I needed to know.

Arctophile

Ooops, sorry wrong thread.