Finally pulled the trigger on switch to SoGEA

Started by robinc, Aug 19, 2024, 07:58:59

Previous topic - Next topic

robinc

Looking at the upcoming line rental of £217.80 I reckoned it was about time to dump the analogue phone line. No interest in VOIP options as we do normally get good mobile coverage.
We're only on a basic FTTC 40/10 - actual 38/6 - so hopefully that won't change once the profile re-stabilises.
Overall we're going from a projected £515 for next 12 months down to £360 which is a saving worth making - and will be where we wind up eventually anyway as and when the Great Switch is completed.
If we tell people their brain is an app - they might actually start to use it.

sparky

Just seen this.

So presumably you have gone from a landline with internet to an SOGEA Internet only line? Did you have to take out a 12 month contract on the new set up? I would like to do the same thing, but the possibilities of a ALT Fibre Connection are around the corner at some point so don't want to have to sign up for 12 months.

Edit. Scrub that. I see that I will have to pay £39 a month inc VAT if I opt for monthly on the cheapest SOGEA, well I'm currenty paying £45.60 a month and get my landline phone as well. I'd save £79 a year, so not worth bothering. I'll wait until they throw me off or my FTTP arrives.

robinc

Agreed - if you want to keep a landline the saving is pretty minimal.
If we tell people their brain is an app - they might actually start to use it.