Was all ready to migrate my connection until......

Started by pctech, Jul 24, 2024, 21:30:28

Previous topic - Next topic

pctech

I'm about to come out of contract with Andrews and Arnold and so had a look at IDNet.

Zen quoted me £45 a month for 500 down and 75 up on my existing Openreach fibre so was pleasantly surprised to see 500 down and 75 up via Openrach on IDNet's site so was just getting all my details ready, including the serial of my ONT in case it was required, searched for my address and...... was only offered CityFibre.

Yes it's a bit cheaper but I'll have to have another install leaving me with redundant fibre and an ONT which I don't want.

I have got both Openreach and CityFibre coverage here but why is there no choice offered on the site, why do I have to ring sales to do this?

Simon

No idea.  This is possibly stupid reasoning but could it be that it's not showing because there's an existing Openreach service at the address?  Best to call them.
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

pctech

Hi Simon

I think you've hit the mail on the head there.

I've just followed the Openereach link in the mail from them (I still have ye olde copper landline with them) and the price is now showing as £45 so wonder if it was a web dev mistyping it.

Much as I am a technology enthusiast, I don't want my hallway looking like a data centre and as OR are 'too critical to fail' I'd rather get a service delivered over OR fibre so if the ISP shuts up shop, I can get the connection moved easily.

Anyway, hope all is well with you.

Simon

Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.