FTTP MIGRATION Issue

Started by Markbm1490, Sep 29, 2024, 11:12:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Markbm1490

I migrated from BT 900/110 to idnet 1200/120 last Friday since the openreach engineer switched the ONT and services switched over I have been unable to gain a PPPoE connection the router log shows "PADO (PPPoE Active Discovery Offer)" is made but no response is received from Idnet's server and then times out "discovery PPPoE PADO timeout" they are going to send a openreach engineer out but I don't think the engineer is going to be able to resolve this he said when he switched it over the connection between the ONT and exchange was fine so makes me think a configuration issue with the backhaul which I believe is zen and idnet any one else experience this? 

Simon

Welcome to the forum.   :)

I'm not technical enough to help you resolve this, but are you using your existing BT hub or a pre-configured router from IDNet?
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Markbm1490

Tp link Deco X95 was working fine when with BT but now can't gain a connection I don't have a pre configured router but using my own which was upgraded a few weeks ago to handle the 2.5gb upgraded ONT and was working before the upgrade but it's interesting that when the router makes a PADO request there is no response which makes me think it's a config issue with idnet and their backhaul rather than a physical fault given everything worked up until the switch

Simon

Assuming you've checked the router configuration with the details IDNet would have sent, I did have a quick Google and this popped up but I don't know if it will help:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/170930
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

nowster

Is there a VLAN setting requirement for your new connection, perhaps?

Markbm1490

Quote from: Simon on Sep 29, 2024, 12:29:41Assuming you've checked the router configuration with the details IDNet would have sent, I did have a quick Google and this popped up but I don't know if it will help:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/170930

Idnet has confirmed its a error in the service tag and in the processing of correcting it

Markbm1490

Quote from: nowster on Sep 29, 2024, 15:07:53Is there a VLAN setting requirement for your new connection, perhaps?

No VLAN is required according to the setup details on my account but Idnet has confirmed its a error in the service tag and in the processing of correcting it