Webmail

Started by GA, Aug 26, 2007, 15:12:17

Previous topic - Next topic

GA

Hi everyone  migrated from f2s last month and I am having problems with webmail .

1 On my computer I can read only the first part of some mail . I get around by downloading mail to Outlook Express .

2 I am using my daughter's computer at the moment and , although I can log in to my account with no problem , everytime I try to access my webmail I get a banner " Your browser does not accept cookies " .  The browser is set up to accept all cookies .

I am not wonderfully computer literate so I would be grateful for any suggestions .  Cheers GA

Rik

What browser are you using? I have heard of problems with IE6.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Lance

Although the problems we were having with IE6 have been solved!
Lance
_____

GA

Hi Rik and Lance , with problem 1 at home I mostly use Firefox and occasionally IE 7 ---no difference.

With problem 2 I am using IE 7 and Netscape .

Rik

Hi

When you say you can only read the first part of the mail, what happens exactly? Are you using an idnet.com address or an idnetfreemail one?

On the second problem, given it's your daughter's computer, I'm wondering whether it's a rights issue. What sort of user are you logged in as?
Rik
--------------------

GA

Hi Rik , I am using idnet.com . When I scroll down I reach the bottom of the page but not the remainder of the email .

I am using my daughter's logon but I have no trouble accessing my broadband account , just my mail .

I will give support a call and let you know what happens .

Regards  .GA

Rik

I think calling support is the best move, we can only give very limited advice with email.  :'(
Rik
--------------------

Simon

Not being funny, GA, but are you sure it's not a question of scrolling down after clicking your mouse within the actual text area of the email?  That part may scroll separately to the main webpage.
Simon.
--

GA

Si6776 Off the top of my head can't remember but I'll check again when I get home next week , but it  does not show the full email when I bring the slider to the bottom .Cheers GA

GA

Just checked the cookies and the one from idnet .com has my daughter's name@idnet.com?

Rik

The cookie I picked up was webmail.idnet.com.
Rik
--------------------

GA

Rik thanks for your efforts . I have just set up a guest account on my daughter's computer ---same result but the cookie was webmail.idnet.com/her surname . Before my wife walks out on me I am giving up until my daughter gets back/I get home !! Once again thank you all for your interest and Iwill update you on any developments .Cheers GA

Rik

Did you check with support? They can ask you questions that aren't appropriate to an open forum.
Rik
--------------------

GA

Yes Rik and they are going to get back to me . Until then I am going to leave it .Cheers GA

GA

Update---SUCCESS!! I have been reading all the email links on the forum and on page 3 there was one entitled "small email problem ". Lance posted a link to junk mail , I clicked on the link and I was able to login . Hooray ! Thank you Lance . As to the other problem , I am in touch with support and will troubleshoot when I get home .

Cheers , GA

PS Now that I can read my mail I don't know why I was so anxious to get there in the first place

Lance

Quote from: GA on Aug 29, 2007, 13:36:27
Hooray ! Thank you Lance .

No Problem!!! lol
Lance
_____

Rik

Quote from: GA on Aug 29, 2007, 13:36:27
Now that I can read my mail I don't know why I was so anxious to get there in the first place

It's just like the wrapping paper at Xmas, much more interesting than that which it wraps. :)
Rik
--------------------