TB IDNet Forum

Started by cavillas, Aug 31, 2007, 11:00:21

Previous topic - Next topic

cavillas

This has been very quiet for a while, must be a good thing. ;D  Just a bit of non-news really 'cos I'm feeling a bit bored while waiting for my Apche, Mysql, Php book to come. :eek2:
------
Alf :)

Rik

When it arrives, Alf, can we expect a tutorial from you? :)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Inactive

You need to visit DSL Zone, you know how friendly they all are towards us IDNetters.

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

cavillas

Hi Rik,  When I have brushed up on it all, it's been a good few years since I did any script programming been with Dot Net and that gets confusing at times. :-[
------

cavillas

Hi Inactive,  Have been on DSL zone and upset a few people I think.  ;D
------

Rik

It's easily done, Alf, unless you are an ADSL24 customer.
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Quote from: cavillas on Aug 31, 2007, 11:35:22
Hi Inactive,  Have been on DSL zone and upset a few people I think.  ;D

I noticed, well done, they are a sad, pathetic bunch on there, if it ain't Enta related, it doesn't count for anything..

I notice that nobody wanted to discuss the problems at Ace..  :o :o
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

The problems at ACE are quite amusing... If you're not a customer, that is. Methinks they protesteth too much.
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Enta and their resellers seem to be a strange set up altogether to me.

I know that at least one of their resellers advertises a headline price that is minus VAT for a Home product. :o :o

Rik

I thought that was illegal?
Rik
--------------------

cavillas

Who is it? Lets's report them. :angel: ;D  Just being good citizens (sorry Subjects) ;D
------

Inactive

Quote from: Rik on Aug 31, 2007, 12:02:52
I thought that was illegal?

Me too Rik, that is why it stuck out so much...

http://fast.co.uk/

:o :o

Rik

They seem expensive, I don't like the three-month contract and I don't like the speed restriction if you reach your cap. Not for me. :(
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Nor me Rik, but I detest the headline price being ex.VAT, then having to scroll to the bottom of the page to find out what the * means, seems shifty to me, and possibly illegal on a Home Product.

Rik

I have to agree. I came away from the site with a strong "I don't want to do business here" feeling. :(
Rik
--------------------

RobMc

well it is a bit annoying but i think it's not as bad as one of the "major" players quoting "from £8.99 per month" with the small print saying that this is for the first 6 months thereafter it raises to £17.99 all this on an 18 month contract. Now that really makes it difficult to compare prices.

Rob.

Rik

I agree, Rob, any such weasel techniques make me walk away quickly. Telcos seem to want us to sign our souls away these days, with ever longer contracts.  >:(
Rik
--------------------

cavillas

They seem to have altered it now, were they listening?  :laugh:

| Broadband Max - up to 8Mb/s!

Our Broadband Max packages offer exceptional value for both new and existing broadband users, with speeds of up to 8Mbps, backed by our industry recognised "best in class" customer service, technical support and broadband quality. All of our packages include UK based telephone support 7 days a week, and start from just £16.99 + vat per month.

Monthly Cost  £19.96
(£16.99 + vat)  £22.99
(£19.57 + vat)  £33.99
(£28.93 + vat)  £57.99
(£49.35 + vat)

Migration Cost
If you already have ADSL
you can migrate for free!  FREE  FREE  FREE  FREE
------

Inactive

Quote from: cavillas on Aug 31, 2007, 12:45:11
They seem to have altered it now, were they listening?  :laugh:

it makes you wonder doesn't it???? ::) :o

cavillas

Quote from: Rik on Aug 31, 2007, 12:42:56
I agree, Rob, any such weasel techniques make me walk away quickly. Telcos seem to want us to sign our souls away these days, with ever longer contracts.  >:(

Why would anyone want to sign up for 18months to a service where all the support is in another country and there are speed restrictions in place but denied?  IDnet seems civilised by comparison. :) :popcorn: :banana2: :evilb: ;D
------

cavillas

I could'nt resist, had to post on TB.  It's been itching away for a while, feel better now. ;D
------

RobMc

Oh just checked, fast.co.uk isn't an enta reseller. Probably not important to this thread, it's just amusing that they are at the top of the enta dslzone rating list.

Rob.

Rik

Quote from: cavillas on Aug 31, 2007, 12:50:51
I could'nt resist, had to post on TB.  It's been itching away for a while, feel better now. ;D

And I've just replied, Alf. :)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Quote from: RobMc on Aug 31, 2007, 12:53:23
Oh just checked, fast.co.uk isn't an enta reseller. Probably not important to this thread, it's just amusing that they are at the top of the enta dslzone rating list.

Rob.

I assumed they were, simply because they are rated so high at Enta /DSLZone, they don't even appear to be listed at all at TB....strange, unless I have missed something.

Rik

They are at ISPReview, though.
Rik
--------------------

RobMc

I thought that I'd read it in the past over at tb, This thread was what I was basing it on. As they don't have thier own forum, they either have decided they don't want one, or they are a reseller (with someone).

Rob.

DorsetBoy

Quote from: Inactive on Aug 31, 2007, 12:06:45
Me too Rik, that is why it stuck out so much...

http://fast.co.uk/

:o :o

Fast.co.uk are not in any way connected to Entanet.!!

Inactive

Quote from: DorsetBoy on Aug 31, 2007, 13:17:26

Fast.co.uk are not in any way connected to Entanet.!!

Yea we had worked that out, doesn't change anything about the comments tho'.

cavillas

Nicked from Kitz site (for info only)

vISP                                   ISP
ACE Internet                        Mistral
ADSL4less                            Hotchilli Internet
Aquiss                                 Entanet
CharityDays                          PlusNet
Fast 24 (Central Point 05/05)  NetServices + Tiscali 
Ezeedsl 186k ->                    51% to IO Mart 
Freeola                                Entanet
SurfNetOnline (auth reseller for)  KeConnect 
Swift Internet                       EntaNet
TescoNet                             NTL
Toucan                                Tiscali
UKFSN                                 Entanet
V21                                     NetServices
Vivaciti                                EntaNet + Griffin 
Waitrose                              MadasaFish
Xifos                                   EntaNet

I think thats fairly up to date except for recent aquisitions, changes, takeovers etc. :)

------

DorsetBoy

QuoteYea we had worked that out, doesn't change anything about the comments tho'.

Well if you are happy making inaccurate and defamatory remarks fine.

Your statements and comments are completely wrong.

The Fast co web page has not changed in months and is not showing prices illegally.

You wonder why people at other forums have a strange attitude towards Idnet users? Well perhaps they are just a bit tired of the "Ours is the only ISP in the world "attitude that is expressed  so much?

There are other ISP's out there that are equally as good as Idnet in the services they provide and flaming and trolling other companies is not going to improve other peoples view of Idnet and its customers.

Inactive

Quote from: DorsetBoy on Aug 31, 2007, 13:56:59

The Fast co web page has not changed in months and is not showing prices illegally.

You wonder why people at other forums have a strange attitude towards Idnet users? Well perhaps they are just a bit tired of the "Ours is the only ISP in the world "attitude that is expressed  so much?

There are other ISP's out there that are equally as good as Idnet in the services they provide and flaming and trolling other companies is not going to improve other peoples view of Idnet and its customers.

Nobody actually said that Fast was acting " illegally " .. they said they may be...

Anyway if you think it is OK for a company to publish a service at £16.99 to Private Customers, than find that it excludes VAT at the next page, that's fine, I don't, nor would I ever deal with any such company.

I don't recall anyone saying that IDNet is the " only ISP in the world ", they are the best for my requirements, and my choice.

Nobody was " flaming or trolling " anyone, we were discussing other ISP's and their activities, some of which we disapproved of..that's all.

I suppose we can safely assume that you are now with Fast, I don't recall you mentioning that before, still that is your choice.

DorsetBoy

QuoteAnyway if you think it is OK for a company to publish a service at £16.99 to Private Customers, than find that it excludes VAT at the next page, that's fine, I don't, nor would I ever deal with any such company.

It is perfectly clear on the home page that the price excludes vat.

As it happens,not that it is any of your business or relevant in any way, I do use Fast ,as well as 2 other ISP's in a load balanced system.

But as you ask,and previously posted wanting to know peoples ISP's and what they are like,Fast.co.uk are exceptionally good. The service is always excellent,support till after 10pm. 7 days a week and the connection is the fastest and most stable I ever used.

Inactive

Quote from: DorsetBoy on Aug 31, 2007, 15:23:57
It is perfectly clear on the home page that the price excludes vat.

As it happens,not that it is any of your business or relevant in any way, I do use Fast ,as well as 2 other ISP's in a load balanced system.

But as you ask,and previously posted wanting to know peoples ISP's and what they are like,Fast.co.uk are exceptionally good. The service is always excellent,support till after 10pm. 7 days a week and the connection is the fastest and most stable I ever used.

(1) Well sorry, I still think that is very sneaky business practice, VAT is applicable to all Private Users, so why not just publish the real price on the front page?

(2) 3 x ISP's WOW. ::)

(3) Well bully for you and them, do they have a Forum? ::)

Adam

Fast.co.uk are owned by, and resell connections for, Dark Group Ltd. As for them not including VAT; many UK consumers expect VAT to be included in consumer pricing, not including it is very shady business practice. They might want to reconsider having "No gimmicks, no small print" on their broadband page.

As for having 3 ISPs; the other two will come in useful should Fast.co.uk go down. :evilb:

Adam

colirv

Quote from: Inactive on Aug 31, 2007, 15:34:58
(1) Well sorry, I still think that is very sneaky business practice, VAT is applicable to all Private Users, so why not just publish the real price on the front page?
It's on their primary broadband page here which shows the prices with and without VAT quite clearly. I'd have thought that was enough.
Colin

cavillas

Quote from: Adam on Sep 02, 2007, 07:57:14
Fast.co.uk are owned by, and resell connections for, Dark Group Ltd.

Is there a clue there. ;D
------

Inactive

Quote from: colirv on Sep 02, 2007, 09:12:07
It's on their primary broadband page here which shows the prices with and without VAT quite clearly. I'd have thought that was enough.

Indeed, but on their HOME PAGE, the first page any potential customer comes to, it shows the following statement:

Our new Broadband Max packages offer high speed broadband at speeds up to 8mb/s from just £16.99 per month, without any P2P restrictions or port blocking.

With no mention of any VAT.

Seems a shady practice to me. >:(

cavillas

Inactive, See my reply just above your reply.  Shady, Dark...  Ther's a theme going on here. ;)
------

Rik

It's the 'Last Night of the Proms' effect, Alf, an outpouring of dark, satanic mills.  >:D
Rik
--------------------

colirv

Quote from: Inactive on Sep 02, 2007, 11:14:18
Seems a shady practice to me. >:(
I'll agree it's a grey area!
Colin

Simon

Pipex advertised ex-vat prices for years, so Fast are certainly not the first to do this.  As long as the vat inclusive price is made clear before anyone commits to the service, I can't really see much of a problem, and lots of companies use this practise.  I can't say I actually approve, but it's just one of those things that some companies do to make prices look more attractive.
Simon.
--

Inactive

Another part of the Dark Group;

http://www.pranks.co.uk/

Little wonder they changed their name from Dark Marketing...  ::) ::)

Rik

People are prepared to pay premium rates for this??  :o
Rik
--------------------