webmail/IMAP questions

Started by krysia, Sep 12, 2007, 11:39:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance

Ann,

Have a look at this post here - only have a few weeks wait from the looks at it.
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Ann

Thanks, I saw that afterwards.  I hope that when they say determine the strength.. they mean we can turn it right off.  Can't wait.

Simon

Yes, I also hope there will be an option to turn it off.  Surely this would be possible with a bit of tinkering...?
Simon.
--

Gary

Quote from: tortoise on Sep 15, 2007, 19:58:16
Oh dear.  I am one new user who didn't know that IDnet did spam filtering.  I use Eudora for popmail but just went into the web interface and found one message in spam.. it was an email that I had written myself using mail2web and my IDnet address.  I had copied in myself and wondered why I had never received that mail.  Is there any way to turn the spam feature off?  I'd much rather have everything in Eudora where I can actually see it.
At present there is not a way to turn off spam filtering, but there is the imap workaround that was posted so you can download the headers from your junk mail folder  :)
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Gary

"Quoted from Simon" The spam filter operates at the SMTP level and so is global across the whole idnet.com domain - i.e. it can't be disabled for an individual mailbox.

What I do is to have two "Accounts" setup in Outlook Express: one is setup in POP3 mode to empty my Inbox folder on the server and the other is setup in IMAP mode but is only subscribed to the Junk folder and only downloads the Headers of the mails that are in there. This way you can continue to receive your usual, filtered POP3 mail in the normal way and at the same time you can peek into the Junk folder (from within OE) to scan the stuff that's in there without having to log into the Webmail interface.

Cheers
Simon
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Rik

Quote from: tortoise on Sep 15, 2007, 21:10:49
Thanks, I saw that afterwards.  I hope that when they say determine the strength.. they mean we can turn it right off.  Can't wait.

There's no way to turn the spam filter off right now, Ann, but changes are in the pipeline.
Rik
--------------------