Tiscali deal complete

Started by Noreen, Sep 15, 2007, 09:56:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

I believe that IDNet are very aware that their customer base is with them (a) because they deliver high quality service and support and (b) as long as they continue to do it. I can't see them taking any risks to damage the relationship which we have with them.

If they do introduce webspace, I am sure it would be provided with the same high service levels that we are used to (but I suspect that support will be limited to problems, not guidance on how to use it, eg HTML code). Earlier this year, we saw the bandwidth allowance for Home Lite increased from 2GB to 5GB at no extra cost to users. Clearly, the company felt that this would be both attractive to customers and sustainable for them. I am sure any additional facilities would be judged in the same way.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Gary

I agree IDNet do seem to be very aware of their user base unlike many other companies Rik, Oh and Morning  ;D, I guess I come from the school of separates, like HiFi systems, you get the best buying separates components and building up what you want rather than the all in one systems, and my attitude to the Internet is the same, so many companies have gone into supplying tv, phone, mobile, Voip, webspace, toast in the morning, well maybe not the toast  :D that they cannot cope with the sudden increase in customer support for all these add ons, and then if one part fails you lose the lot in one go, at least if your amp dies you can replace it without replacing the whole system, so I think ISP's should do what they do best provide good quality broadband with no frills. I am sure IDNet won't over stretch themselves, their service is spot on and that is the whole point, great hassle free Internet, but I do believe in never putting all your eggs in one basket so to speak. 
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Rik

It's why I have email hosted at 1&1, Gary. Though when they had problems at the beginning of the year, the IDNet servers took over for me. :) Some redundancy in email is essential to me.
Rik
--------------------

Gary

Quote from: Rik on Sep 16, 2007, 11:55:36
It's why I have email hosted at 1&1, Gary. Though when they had problems at the beginning of the year, the IDNet servers took over for me. :) Some redundancy in email is essential to me.
I can understand that Rik, its the best way to go, Solely relying on one provider for anything is bad news, look at the fiasco with talk talk and Orange who were overwhelmed and did not connect people for months, and Virgin, if you lose your net you lose your tv if you subscribe to the all in one packages ok you have freeview but you would be pretty dissapointed. The industry said it would be bad news to do these very things like free broadband etc and it has proven to be correct, which has been great for companies like IDNet by showing that doing things the right way with relative simplicity just works.

Rik

Simple is good. Though whether that applies to me, others will have to judge.  ;D
Rik
--------------------

Gary

Quote from: Rik on Sep 16, 2007, 12:10:30
Simple is good. Though whether that applies to me, others will have to judge.  ;D
Shall we have a vote? ;D you are far from that in my book Rik, but my book does have big letters for reading  ;)

Rik

;D

I have large letters because I like to study the shapes. :)
Rik
--------------------

Gary

Same here *cough* my favourite is the Q  ::)

Rik

I judge alphabets on the lower case a, e, i, s, t and the ampersand. Though Js can influence me too. :)
Rik
--------------------

ec8010

I swapped over from Nilly a few months back.
I wouldn't want to be a Tiscali customer if they paid me.

Lance

Have a karma for making your first post on the forum!

Lance
_____

ec8010

Rik

Why am I not surprised.  :( I feel sorry for the staff and customers.
Rik
--------------------

Lance

I'm not surprised either. It's the usual story, with more customers and the same number of (after the redundancies) support staff. Oh well, the customers may see the light one day!
Lance
_____

Simon

Oh, the joys of being free!! 
Simon.
--

Rik

Now you know you were right to move, Simon.  ;D
Rik
--------------------

Simon

Simon.
--

cavillas

Our Cs and Support are in England, what can be better than that and no scripts. :angel:
------
Alf :)

Rik

Rarely having to phone them anyway??  ;D
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Quote from: Rik on Oct 31, 2007, 10:19:53
Rarely having to phone them anyway??  ;D

Never phoned them once in nearly 12 months, never had the need. ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Lance

I phoned them up today to sort something out (direct debit) and the phone was answered in four rings. As Simon was on the other line, the person who I spoke said he would get him to phone back. Sure enough, 5 mins later Simon rang back.

Now how often do CS for any company actually phone back if they say they will. Not many I can tell you!

It was good actually speaking to Simon for the first time too!
Lance
_____

Rik

He's a very nice man, so's Tim. :)
Rik
--------------------

cavillas

------
Alf :)

Rik

Rik
--------------------