Even the dead must abide by Talk Talk Support's rules

Started by Noreen, Sep 28, 2007, 11:05:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Noreen

"Gaby Ferris is a young mother whose husband died of cancer in May. In the weeks following his death, she had to cope alone with a baby and with relentless and unforgiving paperwork, including notifying TalkTalk, which provided the couple's landline and broadband.

The account was in her husband's name and Ferris wrote to the company informing it of his death and requesting that her name be substituted on the account. In reply she received a letter addressed to her late husband informing him that since he had signed an 18-month contract he was not entitled to a change of ownership form. Apologies for the inconvenience were added........................"

http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/consumer/story/0,,2179089,00.html

Gary

:o I sadly can well believe it, the bureaucracy today is beyond a joke, the poor woman had enough to deal with let alone that.  >:(
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Rik

I've found that most organisations have been very helpful when I've had to wind up an estate, even bending the rules a bit to ease any problems. It saddens me, therefore, to read of this behaviour from TalkTalk (but it doesn't surprise me).

Contracts cease, of course, on death - something that TT could usefully learn.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Gary

Quote from: Rik on Sep 28, 2007, 11:15:16
I've found that most organisations have been very helpful when I've had to wind up an estate, even bending the rules a bit to ease any problems. It saddens me, therefore, to read of this behaviour from TalkTalk (but it doesn't surprise me).

Contracts cease, of course, on death - something that TT could usefully learn.
Well they are part of the CPW, do we need to say more >:D
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Rik

Rik
--------------------

john

With all the hassle she experienced I'm amazed she didn't terminate the contract altogether instead, I would have.

Rik

Rik
--------------------