Hi all and Thanks IDNet

Started by Malc, Oct 05, 2007, 21:31:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

Hi

I've been having a battle with Pipex all  week for a MAC, I've rang IDNet a couple of times and emailed then for advice.

VERY impressed.

No wait for the phone to be answered, helpful and emails replied to quickly (Pipex dont answer emails!).

I'm now due to be connected next Fri (Oct 12th) and I can't wait.

Lance

Welcome to the forum, have a welcoming karma!

It'll be a relief joining here from Tipex, and you'll soon get used to the excellent support!
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Simon

Another Poopex escapee here!  Took me a week to forcibly extract a MAC out of them, which in itself, is illegal, as they are now supposed to give them within 5 days, by law.  Had to delay coming to IDNet, so as not to give Poopex a 'free' month (bloody 30 day cancellation terms), but am now here with IDNet, and happy as a pig in ....  :)

You have made the right choice!  :)
Simon.
--

Noreen

Welcome gallo, I'm an ex-f2s/Pipex refugee here. You've made a good move.  ;D

Gary

Welcome to the forum gallo, you have made a great move by coming here, and you won't regret it  ;D
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Malc

Thanks for the welcomes guys!

It took me 7 working days to get the MAC from pipex, and only then because I threatened them with ofcom (advice from IDNet) as well as loosing it when they asked me why I'm leaving.

Rik

Tipex seem to be pushing the MAC issue to the limits. Perhaps it would be worth logging your problem with Ofcom, so that they start to build up a picture?

Welcome. :)
Rik
--------------------

Simon

Is there any technical reason why a MAC cannot be issued immediately over the phone?  If not, why does the legislation of Feb 2007 give ISPs 5 days to issue one?  Why not straight away?  Also, shouldn't there be additional legislation to stop the '30 day cancellation notice' trap, which, unless you are very careful, almost inevitably leads to a period of cross-charging, where 2 ISPs are paid for a month, when only one is used?  IDNet helped me get round this by delaying the migration date so that I used most of what I had paid-up with Poopex, but after the minimum contract term has been fulfilled, why shouldn't users be able to cancel and leave when they want to?
Simon.
--

Gary

Quote from: Si6776 on Oct 06, 2007, 11:51:04
Is there any technical reason why a MAC cannot be issued immediately over the phone?  If not, why does the legislation of Feb 2007 give ISPs 5 days to issue one?  Why not straight away?  Also, shouldn't there be additional legislation to stop the '30 day cancellation notice' trap, which, unless you are very careful, almost inevitably leads to a period of cross-charging, where 2 ISPs are paid for a month, when only one is used?  IDNet helped me get round this by delaying the migration date so that I used most of what I had paid-up with Poopex, but after the minimum contract term has been fulfilled, why shouldn't users be able to cancel and leave when they want to?
Is it BT that actually issue the ISP with the MAC code? I suppose i could see that taking time as the wheels and gears clunk. I just left Orange I was not in contract and when asked about thirty day notice I laughed and quoted the mess they had caused, I was told there would be no issue with notice and thankfully there was not, but I felt they were trying to bully me to stay, I'm sure some people would have stayed due to pressure techniques, I cant remember how many times they called me before I left to hassle me  about leaving >:(
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Ann

Eclipse emailed my MAC about 10 minutes after I'd asked for it, so I guess there is no reason for any of them not to do so immediately.  I'd imagine they won't want to give it over the phone for security reasons.  Anyone could be on the phone asking for it but emailing it is okay.

I got stung for the payment overlap but like most, once I'd decided to change ISPs, I couldn't wait and used the MAC almost immediately deciding that it was worth the extra payment.  

Noreen

Before I moved to IDNet I requested a MAC from f2s and was told that it would take longer than usual because I was on LLU and f2s had to request the MAC from the LLU supplier Easynet. However it was still emailed to me on the same day as the initial request.

Lance

Leaving Tiscali to come here, I got the MAC the same day via email. That was almost a year ago!

As for the payment, I came here as soon as I could, and Tiscali only charge for the part of the month I was with them, and not the full monthly amount. Maybe I was lucky!
Lance
_____

Rik

I did the same leaving Nidram. Once I'd decided to go, I just wanted out... Must have known about Tipex!! :)
Rik
--------------------

Malc

Got to agree with the comments, within 30 minutes of getting the MAC I rang IDNNet.

The people I was with was actually called pipex homecall, who are probably worse the pipex themselves, they used tiscalli servers, but denied it, when I ran the many many speed tests they love, it was always tiscalli, they also denied that they port block.

One of there broadband "experts" told me - You dont understand the difference between up and down speeds - unfortunatly at that time I still had 6 months contract left, anyway it'll all be behind me soon!
- 6 days and counting.

Rik

What sort of party would you like? We do large ones, small ones, surprise ones and ones with big squishy chocolate cakes (they're esepcially for me!). :)
Rik
--------------------

Malc

Rik

A man after my own heart.
Rik
--------------------

MoHux

Quote from: Rik on Oct 06, 2007, 17:50:39
What sort of party would you like? We do large ones, small ones, surprise ones and ones with big squishy chocolate cakes (they're esepcially for me!). :)

....... I would go for the "big squishy chocolate esepcially cakes", if I were you!!   :yeahright: :laugh:

:popcorn:
"It's better to say nothing and be thought an idiot - than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Rik

It's a cross between specially and exceptional, Mo. At least, that's my excuse. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Lance

Sorry Rik, I ate all the cake we had out the back last night - you'll need to get Sue to bake some more!
Lance
_____

Rik

She's on it as I speak, Lance. :)
Rik
--------------------

Simon

A karma point to the person who makes the most mess with the chocolate cake (photographic evidence required)!  ;D
Simon.
--

Philip

me rushes out to find chocolate cake and camera, how do I explain this to the family? ::)

Rik

Don't explain, Doc, just point them at the forum and stand well back. :)
Rik
--------------------

Malc

Hi Again.

Can someone help me please?

The day of my transfer arrived today, and when I tried to connect when I got home tonight, all I can get is error 691 - user name not recognised on domain, I tried several times and double checked my password etc.,

I rang IDNET but they close at 6pm and are only open when I am at work, I emailed them an hour ago, I presume no one is there till Monday now. The problem is when they are open I'm always out at work.

My old Pipex password still works.

Hope someone can help me out as how to connect.

Thanks in advance