BT Home Hub borked

Started by Scott, Oct 09, 2007, 07:51:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

If you have anyone in the family that uses this piece of corporate marketing gone awry then tell them to be careful ! It's been reported that the Home Hub router component has been compromised following navigating to a specially crafted website from a machine behind the router. More here
Member of the IDNet Mafia
How to Spot and Deal with Trolls

Rik

It never ceases to amaze me how many loopholes companies leave in technology products. Do they not care, or is it a case of cost before security?  :(
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Gary

I think its a case of poor testing/need to get product to market, so they leave the user as a beta tester until such issues arise then they patch them with new firmware Rik, happens with almost all products now  :(
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Rik

Not just software-based ones either, Gary. :(
Rik
--------------------

Gary

Quote from: Rik on Oct 09, 2007, 09:49:29
Not just software-based ones either, Gary. :(
Alas you are right there Rik  :(
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Inactive

Oh, my next door neighbour has one of them...interesting..  >:D
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

Hack attack coming on??  >:D
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.