Why IMAP messages marked for offline viewing disappeared

Started by krysia, Oct 07, 2007, 13:49:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Nick AJ

Quote from: krysia on Oct 08, 2007, 18:31:24
And - whew! - it worked!  :) Now if someone could just suggest how I move 100 messages at a time . . . .

Just [select all], and [copy to]
If everything else fails .......................... read the manual!  Some poor sod spent ages writing it.

krysia

Happy to say all messages are now back in my F2S inbox, and I also managed to restore the ones Tevor lost to my idnet inbox, as I'd marked them for offline viewing at work too (and remembered to disconnect my connection before  starting OE!).  Thank you both again for all your help. :)

Rik

Glad you're sorted, Krysia. Computers!!  :(

I use an app called Migo Sync, which allows me to take my mail and desktop to any machine. A 2- 4GB flash drive is all you need to transport your own 'private' machine, it leaves no trace on the host machine when you disconnect and you can, optionally, encrypt the data.
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Sounds interesting Rik... ;)

I assume it is " Free "..
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

No, it's the one I posted an offer on in Tweaks, tips etc. It was £9.99 when I bought it.
Rik
--------------------

Simon

There's also a thing called GoodSync, from the makers of Roboform, which might be of use - and it's free!  ;)
Simon.
--

Rik

Migo Sync is more about transporting your desktop from machine to machine, Simon. I run it in the evening on my desktop machine, then if I come back online, I'll usually use the laptop, so I can just plug the flash drive in and my desktop's desktop, appears on the lappy (and I leave no trace on the lappy of my activities).
Rik
--------------------

Simon

Yes, you mentioned it before, Rik.  I just wondered if GoodSync might be useful for synchronising mail folders, etc.  Haven't used it myself, so I can't vouch for it.  Just happened to see it on the Roboform site.
Simon.
--

Rik

Rik
--------------------