Migration help

Started by CatMangler, Aug 04, 2006, 08:29:17

Previous topic - Next topic

CatMangler

Hiya all,

I'm looking for a bit of advice.

I have my MAC code from BT and my intention is to migrate to Idnet.

My question is this, what would be the best window for me to contact you and start the migration process? Bearing in mind that BT have just billed me for the month of August.

So I would imagine that to get the best for my money, I should wait till the middle of this month before jumping? As I would then be charged again by Idnet for the service they provide.

I have always had my broadband with BT and apart from obtaining a MAC code I am a little unsure of the full ramifications of the migration process.

Cheers,

Glenn

Give CS a quick call on 0800 0267237 they will be able to tell the best date.
Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

BassoProfundo

Just completed my migration to IDNet this very morning! Signed up on Tuesday afternoon ... yes just three days ago ... got up this morning to find my connection had been switched from Nildram to IDNet. Fantastic service. Faultless and bang on the promised date.

So it took me just 3 days from placing the order with IDNet until I was up and running.

If you want the best value for money, you could place your order anytime, but ask IDNet to flip the switch just before your BT subscription is up (but remembering that your MAC code is only valid for 30 days). They offered me that facility when I phoned them (I am also paid up with Nildram up to the end of August), but frankly, I couldn't wait  ::)

Hope it goes as smoothly for you as it did for me.

Chris