VPN issue

Started by gingerjedi, Oct 10, 2007, 10:32:24

Previous topic - Next topic

gingerjedi

Hi

My wife sometimes works from home linking to work using sonicwall VPN, I had this set up using my old Netgear router but since changing it to a Linksys one she cant connect to the app server at her work end, she can open the connection and log on to the domain but it won't let her in any further? I can't remember how I did it before but does it need to be granted permission at her work end?

Rik

Sorry, no idea. If no-one here can help you, give support a ring.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

gingerjedi

She works for a very small company and support is a bit light on the ground, I knew it was a long shot!! I'll get her to ring their one and only techie and see what he says.

Rik

I was thinking of IDNet's support. :)
Rik
--------------------

somanyholes

Hey

Has the new device got a different lan range to the previous device you have? It may be causing ip conflicts if you have the same lan range on each side of the vpn.

Also

Are you sure she is logging onto the domain, or is she just using xauth to authenticate with the sonicwall, can she ping the lan ip of the sonicwall and ping the lan ip of the app server?

gingerjedi

Its working now, 'respond to WAN requests was unchecked' seems to have been the issue?

Funny how Linksys support don't mention this? In fact they must have some of the worst support I have seen, the forums are full of post with 300+ read and no replies... I would expect better from a company linked to Cisco.

Rik

It's sad when manufacturers show such little regard for their customers. :(
Rik
--------------------