Got my MAC from PlusNet, want to move to IDNet

Started by Multiplex, Aug 05, 2006, 11:14:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Multiplex

Ok so PlusNet have given me my mac code. I've still got another month of adsl service from them as I've paid until the 10th September.

My mac code expires on 4th September.

My question is, what date should I apply to IDnet for adsl service? How long will it take for the service to be switched and how can I be 100% sure that I will have no loss of service?

I'm also eagar to get upgraded to MaxDSL. Will this be an automatic part of the process?

Thanks,
Simon.

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Jeff

You can request the exact date these days, tell IDNet exactly when you wish it to happen, job done ... welcome aboard btw and erm, get a hurry on building the new Wembley, eh? ;)

thetrevone

Multiplex

QuoteMy question is, what date should I apply to IDnet for adsl service? How long will it take for the service to be switched and how can I be 100% sure that I will have no loss of service?

One thing to consider is that Plusnet wil require you to inform them when you have migrated and then wait for BT to comfirm this, thay say this can take days. Plusnet will take another billing payment if this process takes you into another month (in your case 10th September), and will then have to re-inburse you, but with their current ability to get anythinhg right, don't count on it. So allow a few days grace before your next billing date. all of my Plusnet referrals have moved to IDnet with me, one was non adsl max and migrated straight into max. 

I think you will find it rather different here.