But not IDNET surely?

Started by Broadback, Oct 22, 2007, 09:06:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Broadback

Nothing is perfect, not even my ignorance!

Gary

IDNet do not block ports or throttle in anyway, I'm sure though if an ip address suddenly spewed forth huge amounts of uploads as in spam they would act.  :)
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Simon

This is one of the reasons I left Piscali and joined IDNet.  Pipex implemented port throttling, and not only didn't have the decency to inform customers of a change to the FUP, but actually denied it too! 
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

somanyholes

Hey

Possible ways to get round comcast's throttling.

http://torrentfreak.com/how-to-bypass-comcast-bittorrent-throttling-071021/

like this comment at the end

"4. Grab a hammer, visit the Comcast office, smash a keyboard and knock over a monitor. This might sound like a great alternative but apparently it only results in jail time."

torrentfreak is a decent news website for torrent news

Malc

Quote from: Si6776 on Oct 22, 2007, 13:10:52
This is one of the reasons I left Piscali and joined IDNet.  Pipex implemented port throttling, and not only didn't have the decency to inform customers of a change to the FUP, but actually denied it too! 

Totally agree, also the same reason I came here. I don't mind paying the extra to get good speeds all the time, and the other thing that influenced me was reading through these forums first.

Rik

I left Nildram for similar reasons. The changes didn't affect me, but the dishonesty did and I wasn't going to wait around until things got worse. :(
Rik
--------------------

mrapoc

I left talktalk because...need I say more?

Simon

Simon.
--

Gary

Quote from: Si6776 on Oct 25, 2007, 21:29:48
They didn't talk?
My Mother who I don't get on well with, joined talktalk, now she cant contact me due to " talktalk issues" what a brilliant service ;D

Simon

Simon.
--

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Gary

cavillas

Sad you and your mother don't get on.  :'( Hope it might change in the future. ;D
------
Alf :)

Gary

No cavillas its a long long story that I wont go into, but we are not ever going to sort things out and avoiding each other is what's best for both parties we have had 42 years to make it work! I'm quite happy with that arrangement as is my mother.

cavillas

------

Gary

To be honest Alf its a blessing, but there you go, I have no immediate family on my side and my wife and I are very happy and her parents are more like parents to me anyway. I never knew my dad or even saw a picture of him so that's that really the way of things. I was brought up by my Grandmother, long dead now so my mother and I were never close and that arrangement made things worse, but rest assured its the way it is meant to be, no regrets and a happier life for all concerned.

cavillas

You have a bigger family now...Idnetters.  Much more than a forum, lots of people who can talk and otherwise be freindly.  Mind you there are a few little terror brothers and sisters you have to watch out for. ;D
------

Gary

Cheers Alf, much appreciated  :)

Simon

Quote from: cavillas on Oct 26, 2007, 14:32:18
You have a bigger family now...Idnetters.  Much more than a forum, lots of people who can talk and otherwise be freindly.  Mind you there are a few little terror brothers and sisters you have to watch out for. ;D

Can we call you Uncle Alf now?  ;D
Simon.
--

Malc

Sorry to hear of your situation.

I lost both my parents a long time ago, when in my 20's, it's so inportant to have a good wife to support you.

Gary

Quote from: gallo on Oct 26, 2007, 21:32:40
Sorry to hear of your situation.

I lost both my parents a long time ago, when in my 20's, it's so inportant to have a good wife to support you.
Thanks Gallo, and she is a fantastic women, she has to deal with a lot right now as I'm partially disabled and on Morphine for my pain, I suffer depression as well, always have really but its highlighted due to my inability to get about on my own and having to rely on her and others, and having to much time on my hands to think. Justina works as  Nanny so has to go away a lot, like at Christmas each year for 4 weeks and most of the summer and even with all that time apart and especially at Christmas we are stronger as a couple than ever, but this forum is a great place and already I have met so many great people, so I don't complain to much, life goes on and you get on with it the best you can ;D