ADSLMAX check

Started by cavillas, Oct 30, 2007, 18:30:24

Previous topic - Next topic

cavillas

Thought this might be useful http://www2.farina1.com/ADSL/default.aspx for anyone who wants to check their ADSLMax connection speed profile.
------
Alf :)

Rik

Useful link, Alf, and thanks to Saffy for his work in making the calculator.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Adam

I've found that whatever value I put in the "Current Line Sync (connection) speed in Kilo bits per second (Kbps)" field is just copied to the "We estimate that if using a rate adaptive up to 8Mbps service your maximum line speed will be:" result box. Even though the current sync is about average for me, I often get weeks where I get much higher.

Having said that, I'm pretty happy about the estimated speed with ADSL2+. All I need now is for BT to upgrade the exchange, which is two years away for me. :buttkick:. I can currently get AOL and CPW/Talk Talk LLU, but common sense tells me to avoid both at all costs. :pray:
Adam

Lance

Quote from: Adam on Oct 30, 2007, 18:42:20
I've found that whatever value I put in the "Current Line Sync (connection) speed in Kilo bits per second (Kbps)" field is just copied to the "We estimate that if using a rate adaptive up to 8Mbps service your maximum line speed will be:" result box

I think this is because this calculator may have been designed prior to MAX being the norm, not sure though!
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.