PC Pro

Started by colirv, Nov 07, 2007, 12:52:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Noreen

Good heavens, it's got Freedom2Surf on the list of best ISPs!  :o

Simon

Quote from: colirv on Nov 07, 2007, 22:53:29
Right, well IF you've quite finished messing about trying to find the site, the point was that it was surprising that IDNet didn't get a mention in the top 12 best ISPs, whereas Plusnet and Sky, for example, did!

It was probably just that IDNet didn't bother to buy a place in the listing.  ;)  ;D
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

Quote from: colirv on Nov 07, 2007, 22:53:29
IDNet didn't get a mention in the top 12 best ISPs, whereas Plusnet and Sky, for example, did!

Given the audience for the magazine, I'm not that surprised, Colin. Look at the Watchdog survey - they managed to get the same companies in the top and bottom 10!

The truth is, we are a small group, willing to pay a little more for a quality service and, in this current age, out of step with the masses as a result. In many ways, I'm all in favour of IDNet not getting a mention.

What is interesting to me, though, is that you now regularly see IDNet mentioned as a prospective ISP over on TB when someone has had a problem getting the speeds that their line should support.
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Quote from: Si6776 on Nov 07, 2007, 23:13:24
It was probably just that IDNet didn't bother to buy a place in the listing.  ;)  ;D

Agreed Simon, or isn't one of their regular advertisers. ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Simon

It does seem that the 'top 10' of any survey seems to list the same ISPs, and they are the ones who can afford to advertise the most.
Simon.
--

Rik

Or have to?  8)
Rik
--------------------

Simon

Simon.
--

mogden

Quote from: Noreen on Nov 07, 2007, 23:08:08
Good heavens, it's got Freedom2Surf on the list of best ISPs!  :o

...and Eclipse!  :o :o (two for emphasis!)

PCPro can't be doing themselves any favours peddling this sort of disinformation.
Matt

ceci n'est pas un .sig

colirv

I've just had a browse of PC Pro's site, and zoomed in on their Broadband page. The lead article under "Features" looked interesting - a guide to freeware called "Cheaper than chips". I had a good read, puzzled by some of the comments and the omission of Firebird and Thunderbird, then noticed the date - 2002! I think I'll give them a miss.
Colin

Inactive

Quote from: colirv on Nov 08, 2007, 08:42:43
then noticed the date - 2002! I think I'll give them a miss.

Speaks volumes Colin..  ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

I let my sub expire three months ago, and I really haven't missed it. It seems to me that it had become far too biased towards advertisers and its Lab Tests were becoming a bit like Which? tests. :(
Rik
--------------------

Noreen

I've just made an ISP comparison on thinkbroadband of the top 5 in the PCPro list (couldn't find Force9) and IDNet. Really makes you wonder, doesn't it?  http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/compare.html?commit=Compare&isp_4=1&isp_10=1&isp_12=1&isp_14=1&isp_16=1&isp_17=1

Rik

Royal purple - how appropriate, Noreen. :)
Rik
--------------------

Ann

I think it's just old information.  It takes them time to collate it all and give the results so that by the time it's published it's already out of date.  When I joined Eclipse over a year ago it was near the top of all the tables.  And service was very good for a while.  It didn't last though and now they're near the bottom.  I just hope it's not me that jinxed them  :-\

Rik

Given you're now with IDNet, Ann, so do we. ;)
Rik
--------------------