Tweaking For MaxDSL

Started by Jeff, Apr 03, 2006, 14:44:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Toxteth_OGrady

Quote from: mrapoc on May 05, 2006, 18:13:37
hopefully some magical technology will be developed so that we all may see that - AT NORMAL TIMES >:(

Like this.

8)

TOG

Coopes

Regards

Mark

http://marksdigitalimages.blogspot.com/
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.

Jeff

Word of caution good people, if you install software (take note that DR TCP doesn`t actually install, it is an executable) that tweaks your connection, it may conflict with other programs you may subsequently install. ;)

My advice, if you install a program to tweak connection, if you don`t like given results after using it, make sure you undo changes you have made before either uninstalling program, or installing another similar program.

Better still, move to Japan ... you may get a 100MBit connection .... you won`t really care if it`s only running at 80MBit :D

mrapoc

AvengerUK

I saw a post over at Adslguide about a "Billion Bipac 7402R2 router" which has something called: "Coding Gain" which apparently, the user managed to sync 1Mb higher with it turned on!?

maxping

mrapoc

3017 kbps is good for 8pm yes?  ;D

Bill

Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

cavillas

Quote from: mrapoc on Jul 08, 2006, 20:28:01
3017 kbps is good for 8pm yes?  ;D

I get that and a bit more.  Good for me, better than my 1Mb connection.  Never expected to get 8 or 6 but anything near 4 or 5 is greta. ;D ;D ;D
------
Alf :)

mrapoc

awww man wtf? i live like under a mile away from the exchange?! ive only ever got 6mbps at 6am  :'( thats just so unfair. do you reckon its down to the exchange?

Bill

Quote from: mrapoc on Jul 09, 2006, 10:12:29
awww man wtf? i live like under a mile away from the exchange?! ive only ever got 6mbps at 6am  :'( thats just so unfair. do you reckon its down to the exchange?

I'm about 1Km from the exchange, but that's got damn all to do with data rates. Presumably your exchange has a different usage/contention pattern to mine.

And tbh, I think that speed run of mine was a bit of a fluke :-[, at that time of day around 4 to 4.5Mbps is more typical of my connection.
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

mrapoc

i wish bt would sort this sh1te out

Bill

I'll not quarrel with that...
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6