BTW cuts off Euro1net - ISP pops round to corner shop for more phonecards !

Started by Scott, Aug 22, 2006, 15:14:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

AG are reporting the news that Euro1Net's customerbase are effectively off the net !

Euro1Net have had their service stopped due to 'continuing non-payment of invoices' leading to their customers being redirected to a holding page saying '...sorry we sympathise but that's it !'. Euro1Net were an up-front supplier - you stumped up for a year in advance to get a better monthly rate...here's hoping everyone was smart enough to be paying by CC ! Worse still it seems BTW have issued 'ceases' on all the Euro1Net provides meaning the ISP can't get a MAC to migrate anyone off onto another provider or product and the end-users will then be liable for a connection fee with whomever they decide to go back online with in the future.

[Ed: Might go lurk in Euro1Net for a bit  ::)]

Once again - goes to prove it's a cut-throat business ! Let's be careful out there kids !!
Member of the IDNet Mafia
How to Spot and Deal with Trolls

AvengerUK

Well, truth is, you get what you pay for. Some Ex E7Even users, who payed £10 a month..in advance went to euro1net! - Will they learn!?!

Scott

I guess not...I actually considered them (for about a picosecond) before coming to IDNet. I liked the idea of the upfront payment etc but then thought..."what if the directors are a bunch of shysters and bu@@er off with everyone's cash ?"

:laugh: I'll be featuring in a number of the tabloids doing the horrorscopes (sic!) in the coming weeks !  :laugh:

ryouga

Oh god, I was lucky I was going to buy the yearly one only last week, but I was waiting for my MAC code from Tiscali and I would of been skint paying the yearly fee.

Glad I didnt now.

Scott

And now it's being reported that the final nail in the Euro1Net coffin has been well and truly hammered home.
>:(
Interestingly it's frenzied media reporting and 'mis-representations' leading to other suppliers stepping away from them that ADS claim has resulted in E1Net going to the wall.....EEEeeeeewww...get her !  :laugh:
?? So nothing to do with the continued non-payment of invoices that prompted BT to halt services in the first place. ??