Connection Problems (Brothers Broadband)

Started by Phil123, Dec 01, 2007, 09:07:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil123

My Brother has not been able to connect to the net since around 5.30am this morning. He is on the MYSCA exchange (http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange.php?ecode=MYCAY)
I have checked the status page and there is nothing reported, my broadband is fine although I'm on a different exchange all be it only 4 miles away.
He can't get through to support as it's the weekend.
Anyone else having problems?

Gary

No issues here, is he using a router to connect? Get him if he is, to check that his account details are entered into the router still, some Netgears have been known to lose them, try power cycling the router, make sure whatever browser is being used is not blocked by your firewall, can you use other programs that require net access? you could also try to flush the dns cache by typing this into the run box as follows ipconfig /flushdns and you could also right click the computer icons in your system tray and try repair. Sounds a lot to do but worth checking each one, see if any of that helps, if not come back and someone will be along to help to help further
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Rik

What Gary said, Phil, but also if he calls support, he can leave a message on the emergency number.

TBH, it sounds more like a local or BT problem than an IDNet one.

I completely lost broadband one morning (pre-IDNet). Had to get a BT engineer out in the end, something in my wiring had gone out of tolerance overnight and killed the signal... :(
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Phil123

Thanks guys, his connection came back to life at about 6pm so I suspect BT have maybe being doing some work at his exchange. Anyway fingers crossed they've finished whatever they've being doing.

Lance

Lance
_____

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Simon

Simon.
--

Rik

The trouble with that is, they are playing, we are just interested spectators.  :'(
Rik
--------------------

merlin

they are playing, we are just interested spectators.

rik "victims" might be more appropriate 

Rik

Rik
--------------------