Push for faster net 'premature'

Started by Gary, Dec 03, 2007, 09:06:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

I couldn't disagree with a word. Openreach is the natural arm to become an NGO, leasing back the lines to those who want them (possibly opening up the opportunity for smaller ISPs to expand their operations). As you say, by the time we start doing anything it will already be too late.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Inactive

However bad things are here BB wise, thank your lucky stars that you are not in Spain, there you get Telefonica ( period ) if you are lucky and you pay more for the 1mb service than you do for the maximum 3mb service, which is only available to 10% of Spanish users.

The 1MB service costs over 40 Euro's a month, including IVA ( VAT )
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

At least the weather is better though. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Quote from: Rik on Dec 06, 2007, 11:26:55
At least the weather is better though. ;)

That is a certainty..  8)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

ducky22

Quote from: Rik on Dec 06, 2007, 00:13:24
I couldn't disagree with a word. Openreach is the natural arm to become an NGO, leasing back the lines to those who want them (possibly opening up the opportunity for smaller ISPs to expand their operations). As you say, by the time we start doing anything it will already be too late.

Or even running the service at cost price instead of using the profit to fund a failing NHS and the ridiculous education maintainence allowance. :-D.

Maybe we should both run for MP for our local area??

Rik

Quote from: ducky22 on Dec 06, 2007, 15:30:56
Maybe we should both run for MP for our local area??

I'm not very good at kissing babies. ;)
Rik
--------------------