Migrating To IDnet

Started by quandam, Aug 29, 2006, 18:30:16

Previous topic - Next topic

quandam

Hi!

I am a newbie on this forum and have some questions that may seem 'silly' or unnecessary, however, I will give it a go.

From what I see from the IDnet web site and the ADSL and IDnetters forums IDnet is offering just what I want. I am seriously considering migrating from Pipex (receiving MAC permitting). I have a couple of niggling doubts that I would like answered.

IDnet looks superb, honest and totally above board, BUT are they likely to be 'taken over' by a 'bigger' fish in the pond i.e. AOL/Tiscali/Pipex/Orange/etc.etc. and thereby leave their current customers at their mercy? As we all know, money talks.

IDnet are offering  'fair' packages for the discerning customer.....can they sustain their offerings at the current prices or with immense competition from 'those others' will prices inevitably increase?

Your views will be appreciated.

maxping

Quote from: quandam on Aug 29, 2006, 18:30:16
Hi!

I am a newbie on this forum and have some questions that may seem 'silly' or unnecessary, however, I will give it a go.

Welcome to the forums, theres no such thing as a silly question when you are looking for a new  ISP its a bleeding minefield.  ;D

QuoteIDnet looks superb, honest and totally above board, BUT are they likely to be 'taken over' by a 'bigger' fish in the pond i.e. AOL/Tiscali/Pipex/Orange/etc.etc. and thereby leave their current customers at their mercy? As we all know, money talks.

Theres no way of knowing but they have been going for 10 years and  i doubt they  will ever be big enough to interest the big boys
They have a good usage cap in place therefore will  not attract the "download the world" types that flock to a free lunch ,hopefully they  will never get to the size of  my X isp Freedom2surf who because of their 100GB + cap got too big and got pounced on .

QuoteIDnet are offering  'fair' packages for the discerning customer.....can they sustain their offerings at the current prices or with immense competition from 'those others' will prices inevitably increase?

I would say if anything prices will stay the same or fall , over the next 12 months we are going to see lots of packages like the ones from Sky & Orange as the ISP's get their kit into the exchanges.
Again time will tell but i would not let these concerns stop you from joining and its only a 1 month contract so you can leave anytime.