Soon to be an IDNetter

Started by Sebby, Dec 09, 2007, 21:40:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebby

I've just put in for a migration from Entanet. Back in February, I migrated from Pipex (eek!) to Entanet. I've been really happy with the service, but I don't need such a generous allowance (I'm quite a light user) and the service suffers at peak times as a result of them being so generous. I just want a reliable, consistent connection, and IDNet seems to fit the bill perfectly. In fact, I've never read a single complaint.

I won't miss the Entanet sub-forum over at Think Broadband; that place has become a bit of a playground.  :laugh:

Incidentally, in addition the migration order I've just placed, I placed 2 orders a couple of weeks ago for some business lines, and all 3 have failed (it said that payment failed). Last time, I called to give the details again and it was fine, so I'll do the same tomorrow morning. Is it just me, or is it a problem with the site?

I'm looking forward to being an IDNet customer, and hanging around here too.  ;D

Simon

Hi Sebby,  :welc:  and have a welcome karma!

I don't think you will regret joining IDNet for a second.  I don't remember seeing any other queries on here about failed payments recently, so maybe for some reason, the system doesn't like your payment method, or maybe something is incorrect with the details?   It's not something we can really discuss here, but a quick phone call to IDNet Support in the morning should soon sort things out.  :)
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Noreen

Sebby

Thank you!  :)

Quote from: Simon on Dec 09, 2007, 21:46:11
I don't remember seeing any other queries on here about failed payments recently, so maybe for some reason, the system doesn't like your payment method, or maybe something is incorrect with the details?   It's not something we can really discuss here, but a quick phone call to IDNet Support in the morning should soon sort things out.  :)
The strange thing is it's been 2 different credit cards on the 3 occasions (one card for the business lines, one for the personal line). I'll give IDNet a call in the morning anyway, it's no biggie. :)

Rik

TBH, we'd have to ask you too many questions you couldn't answer to get to the bottom of this. ;) A phone call is definitely going to be the quickest way to resolve it.
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Lance

Welcome to the forum, Sebby!
Lance
_____

Sebby

I had an email this morning to tell me that my order has been submitted to BT and giving me a migration date of Thursday. Plus, I had a personal email from someone at IDNet about the payment method, telling me I could login and update the details (which I did, and all is now fine).

Now that's service.  ;D

Rik

You'll get used to it - just listen to the collective purr in the forum. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

;D

I've just noticed in my first post that I should have said the service suffers at off-peak times, not peak. :)

Rik

We'll forgive you, Sebby. :)
Rik
--------------------

cavillas

:welc: Another welcome Sebby.  You will not be dissapointed with the service.
------
Alf :)

Sebby

I am now officially on IDNet. :)

The difference is very noticable, even coming from a decent ISP like Entanet!

I can already tell that this was a good decision. I'm really pleased.  ;D

Cowie

pleased for you sebby,am due to change today myself,am at work right now so fingers crossed :), what is the noticeable changes you can see please?

Ian

Broadback

Welcome Sebby, should you go heavy on your usage Idnet even send you and email giving you a head's up that if you continue at that rate you will go over your rate. Now that is a good service! ;D
Nothing is perfect, not even my ignorance!

Sebby

Well, the speed. Entanet are a good ISP and when I moved to them from Pipex it was quite a step up. I ran a quick speedtest and my speeds are now the maximum for my profile. Browsing just feels instant now as well.

Sebby

Quote from: Broadback on Dec 13, 2007, 09:43:29
Welcome Sebby, should you go heavy on your usage Idnet even send you and email giving you a head's up that if you continue at that rate you will go over your rate. Now that is a good service! ;D
Thanks. That won't apply to me; I'm quite a light user.  :)

Rik

Ah, but with all this extra speed, you might just be tempted.  >:D

Congratulations of the successful move - have a karma to celebrate your full entry to the world of IDNet and IDNetters.  :)  Now about the initiation ceremony...  ;D
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

I've told you already, Rik, I'm not wearing a kilt. ;D

Rik

It's draughty without one...  :o
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

A full welcome to the world of IDNet Sebby. ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Simon

Simon.
--