Bandwidth usage and penalties

Started by Andy70, Dec 06, 2007, 20:03:33

Previous topic - Next topic

ducky22

Quote from: casual_moron on Dec 13, 2007, 00:32:28
basically its a tenner a month more for a 8 hour response / fixit time simon   

(got a next morning appointment for a bt guy which is almost unheard of  ... shame the connections started working of its own accord really, im just praying that bt or idnet have done something remotely without telling me rather than me just be a moron )

Its called 'enhanced care' - it is very useful as it bumps you to the front of the broadband faults queue. In fact, you actually go to a completely different 'team' who diagnose the problem and arrange engineer visits etc. I've seen an enhanced care fault fixed within 2 hours.

What you must remember is that it is an 8 hour RESPONSE time. So as long as they come back and say sorry can't find anything or "we're looking further" then they're within contract. Generally they do treat it quite seriously and things are escalated appropriately.

One ISP in the UK used to charge £60 extra per month for this and if you had it on a fixed 2mbit product and upgraded to maxdsl via their website - you were charged for 'enhanced care' but it wasn't applied to your account. It required 2 seperate orders and the website only put through the first which was the speed regrade.

*cough* bee tea bizniss broadband *cough*

Rik

Can I offer you some linctus for that nasty cough?  ;)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

ducky22

Quote from: Rik on Dec 14, 2007, 00:43:08
Can I offer you some linctus for that nasty cough?  ;)

haha. :-D.

I do correct myself tho, they still DO charge a huge amount extra for it. £100 per month excluding VAT compared with £65 per month excluding VAT for their normal 8mbit/823kbit package. Less than it used to be anyway.

Rik

I know who I'd rather pay my money to. :)
Rik
--------------------

Simon

Simon.
--

casual_moron

Quote from: ducky22 on Dec 14, 2007, 00:40:27
What you must remember is that it is an 8 hour RESPONSE time. So as long as they come back and say sorry can't find anything or "we're looking further" then they're within contract

its what i expected it to be, and although im sure in the actuall sla your probbably right (it'd be nuts else)  the bulletpoint off there webpage says

QuoteSLA guaranteeing a response and fix within 8 hours or refund given