To Max or not?

Started by wolverene, Sep 01, 2006, 03:39:29

Previous topic - Next topic

wolverene

Hi everybody, not yet migrated to IDNet, waiting for my MAC from Plusnet,but would like some advice from you. I was put onto Max and had what PN call Stable Rate of 8000kbps but was getting downloads of 90 - 130 speeds maximum for about a month.Got fed up with this and was downgraded to a 1mb IPStream product. This was working for 2 or 3 days then have kept getting disconnections. some upto 8 hrs, but at least d/loads of 900kbps. Finally I have decided to bail out and move to IDNet on recommendation. My question is should I go for a fixed 2mb or try Max again- have BT sorted out anything with their service on Max? My d/Stream Atten. figure ranges from 59 - 61db and SNR margin is 10 -12db( been told I am 4.1km actual distance from exchange) . Plusnet have asked BT to check my line but initially they say it is ok but are still waiting for a reply from BT.I`m using a Netgear 834Gv3 router. Recommendations please
Regards
Keith

Scott

Wolverene
Thanks for posting and look forward to having you over here !

My personal view - take the IPStream and see how things go. Let it settle in and if it's not meeting requirements then take the upgrade to MAX as it's free. Downgrades are charged at £15 and take <> 24hrs (but can take up to 5 days)

Just my views of course... ;)
Good luck with the migration.
Member of the IDNet Mafia
How to Spot and Deal with Trolls