A caveat!

Started by MoHux, Dec 13, 2007, 22:14:26

Previous topic - Next topic

MoHux

"It's better to say nothing and be thought an idiot - than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Simon

Anyone who expects to download infinite amounts of data via a contract mobile phone, deserves the outcome, in my opinion.  I would be surprised anyone could be so stupid, but he is an American.  ;D
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

john

Quote from: Simon on Dec 13, 2007, 23:06:04
Anyone who expects to download infinite amounts of data via a contract mobile phone, deserves the outcome, in my opinion.  I would be surprised anyone could be so stupid, but he is an American.  ;D

I agree Simon, however he's Canadian not American.

Sebby

Hilarious (although, obviously not for him).

You've got to wonder why any provider would let you clock up a bill of that amount!

Simon

Quote from: john on Dec 13, 2007, 23:10:54
I agree Simon, however he's Canadian not American.

Oh bugger!  Sorry, I read the story this morning, and didn't bother to read it again!  Same meat, different gravy though.  ;)
Simon.
--

Malc

How lucky we are, I get an email from IDNet if it looks like aI may be 2-3 gig over in a month :)

ducky22

He's clearly downloading pirated material... No one want to get the idiot for that?

Inactive

Quote from: Simon on Dec 13, 2007, 23:20:25
Oh bugger!  Sorry, I read the story this morning, and didn't bother to read it again!  Same meat, different gravy though.  ;)

The Canadians that I have met, are a totally different breed to the Americans, really lovely people, shame I cannot say the same for most Americans that I have come in to contact with. ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

The folks from Seattle have been nice. :)
Rik
--------------------

john

Quote from: Inactive on Dec 14, 2007, 00:42:20
The Canadians that I have met, are a totally different breed to the Americans, really lovely people, shame I cannot say the same for most Americans that I have come in to contact with. ;)

Yoou must be coming into contact with the wrong ones then In, The ones I've met have been really nice people. Still there are a lot of them so there must be some not so nice ones l suppose.

jupiter

I imagine that this guy with the national debt phone bill did not read some fine print somewhere.  It is always 'buyer beware' isn't it.

I came across someone the other day who moved into a property as tenant and, when later they got a legitimate council tax bill, felt aggrieved because someone should have told them about council tax.

There comes a point where people just have to have a bit of 'nous' and check things out.  Or is this the other side of the whinging about a nanny state - and we really do want to have our hands held all the time?   ::)

Rik

Not me, John, I'm a great believer in taking responsibility for my own life - the less the Govt/State interferes, the better.
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

I agree that the guy must have been a bit silly, but what kind of a mobile provider would let you clock up a bill like that? Surely when it got to $1,000 they should've considered making him aware?

Rik

I think you're right on that, Sebby, though maybe they do it differently in Canada. That said, Orange don't tell me if I'm going 'over budget' on my inclusive minutes, but they do give me a tool whereby I can check usage...
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

Hmm. If I were the network provider, I would've been concerned about it being a bad debt!  :o

Rik

Me too, but that's maybe an internal issue to the company. Whether Canadian law requires a 'duty of care' to prevent people spending too much I don't know.
Rik
--------------------

Lance

I think the company has been very kind to cut the bill by so much. After all, it's not their fault if some idiot doen't understand what he has signed up for!

I remember when I was on T-Mobile a few years ago, I had cause to make a lot of calls from my phone, and when my bill got to around double it's normal amount they cut it off - requiring me to phone up and give the OK to unlock it for further calls.
Lance
_____

Rik

Quote from: Lance on Dec 17, 2007, 13:54:16
I think the company has been very kind to cut the bill by so much. After all, it's not their fault if some idiot doen't understand what he has signed up for!

It seems to suggest that maybe they didn't follow procedure in monitoring the account, Lance.
Rik
--------------------