Broadband Scrooges.

Started by Inactive, Dec 15, 2007, 09:38:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Quote from: Rik on Dec 19, 2007, 15:05:32
For me, it wasn't about performance so much as ethics. Nildram introduced traffic shaping (which didn't affect me) and then denied they'd done it. I read IDNet's T&Cs and like the ethos. I've never regretted the move.
Pretty much the same for me Rik, Orange traffic shaped and throttled you as well as the line, which still did not help that I could not get over a 2mb line with them as the line was not suitable for max ??? on a profile of 5500 here ;D also they changed T&C's without letting you know as well. In the end it was the quality not the speed that got to me, as I never has any speed to start with >:D
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Rik

I never judge an ISP on speed, Gary - I just blame BT. ;)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Gary

Quote from: Rik on Dec 19, 2007, 15:12:02
I never judge an ISP on speed, Gary - I just blame BT. ;)
I blame Orange Rik as everyone else knew I could get max it seemed  >:D ;)

Rik

Orange didn't want to do Max until they had unbundled. I always thought it a strange way to do business...
Rik
--------------------

Gary

Quote from: Rik on Dec 19, 2007, 15:15:23
Orange didn't want to do Max until they had unbundled. I always thought it a strange way to do business...
I was on Max with them but they decided to put me back on a normal fixed line for the reason I could not stay connected after 6pm they said in one week I could get 4.5 mb 3.5 mb to 2mb fixed then 4.5 again :D then back to fixed. Everyone else I checked with said I could get Max, so Orange really messed up with BT somewhere but I fear it was down to them mismanaging their service from day one really even the BT engineer said I could get Max when he came out as well, but Orange said nope :-\

Malc

Pipex still denied traffic shaping, port blocking etc, even when I asked for a MAC Code.

When I phoned BT to transfer my line back to them, thay were adament NO company would not traffic shape, I quoted IDNet and Fast to them, but, they wern't having it.

All the big companys are money grabbing liars.

Rik

Or just have poorly trained staff who do not know any better?
Rik
--------------------

Malc

Quote from: Rik on Dec 20, 2007, 11:50:57
Or just have poorly trained staff who do not know any better?
Maybe BT, but I have spoke to Technical supervisors (so they say) and managers at pipex and they are all liars