More help on new router please.

Started by Broadback, Dec 16, 2007, 11:42:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

No, honestly, Gary. All I'm interested in with a router is getting it set up, after that I keep an eye on the stats, but that's all. I set the 2700 'offline', then switched it in to replace the Netgear and haven't touched it since.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Gary

Quote from: Rik on Dec 18, 2007, 11:30:56
No, honestly, Gary. All I'm interested in with a router is getting it set up, after that I keep an eye on the stats, but that's all. I set the 2700 'offline', then switched it in to replace the Netgear and haven't touched it since.
I edited mine with Opera so i could add IDNet as a domain to it, that was what my fiddle was Rik  :) needed to for IGMP
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Wingnutz

Just a quick question (new to IdNet ex-Virgin).

Currently using a freebie Speedtouch 330 USB modem. Liking the look of the improvements in speed etc that seem to be offered by the 2Wire 2700 modems.

Can someone tell me what the difference between the 2700HG and 2700HGV's is ? The 2700HG's seem to be cheaper.....

Thanks

Rik

:welc: and have a karma to celebrate your arrival.

The V version of the router supports VOIP directly. Otherwise, it's wireless, has four ethernet and one USB port.
Rik
--------------------

Wingnutz

Thanks Rik for the welcome and clarification of what the V means.

Looks like I'll opt for the cheaper one as VOIP not needed.

Rik

Glad to help, I'm sure you'll find it a big improvement on the 330, if only because of the firewall. :)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Welcome Wingnutz, have a welcome Karma.

:welc: :karmic:
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Lance

Welcome to the forum.

The other thing with the VOIP version is that to actually get the VOIP working is very hit and miss. Normally it will only work for those on BT, but one or two others have suceeded.
Lance
_____