New photo gallery discussion

Started by Rik, Dec 19, 2007, 10:36:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Comments here please.

I've been testing for a few days - looks good to me. :)

Thanks for yet another new toy, Tim.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Gary

I have a few of these type of things already so can't see it being used a lot by me, great idea though for people that dont  :) and another great initiative from IDNet  ;D
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Rik

It seems to hand hold quite nicely, Gary, and has the advantage of being under users' control more than something like PhotoBucket. I suspect that, for many customers, this is the app which will get them using their webspace.
Rik
--------------------

Gary

It may well do, I have a thing about putting more stuff up now since I got my proper QDOS, its Q2917! I need to hide online more not post more of my stuff Rik ;D :o

Inactive

Karma for Tim...Thanks to all concerned. ;)

:karmic:
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

I can be traced back a good decade, Gary, it's too late for me to hide.
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: Inactive on Dec 19, 2007, 10:50:23
Karma for Tim...Thanks to all concerned. ;)

:karmic:

Let us know when you've published, In. :)

Like email addresses, the biggest choice of names will be available to those who register early.
Rik
--------------------

Rik

For those wanting to view the gallery, the url is:

http://gallery.idnet.com/main.php

I see a few of you are not hanging about. :)
Rik
--------------------

Noreen

Rik, can we have a basic explanation of what it's all about please? Perhaps there is one and I've missed it.  :)

Rik

Hi Noreen

It's a piece of server-side software which makes it easy to upload, organise and share photos, using your webspace. It's similar to, say, PhotoBucket, but the space is under your control and 'ownership'. It is possible to upload photos by FTP and share them with appropriate image tags - I've been doing this over on the Hobbies board, the new facility just makes it easier to do the job - and make the images available to anyone with an internet connection.
Rik
--------------------

Gary

Mine went completely wrong said I had mis matched passwords, tried to re-enter then said I had a gallery  :'( contacted IDNet as it just does not work *wail*

Ann

I had a look but couldn't really understand it either.  It seems to be that we share our photos with other IDNet users so it's not very personal.  I tried to delete my account as I didn't want to take up space that someone else could use but I don't know if that worked.

Rik

You share with anyone who has a 'net connection, Ann, you just have to give them the URL, in my case http://gallery.idnet.com/main.php/v/Rik/

I'm not sure whether you can delete the account, I haven't tried, but IDNet will delete it for you if you ask.
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Quote from: Ann on Dec 19, 2007, 11:35:39
I had a look but couldn't really understand it either.  It seems to be that we share our photos with other IDNet users so it's not very personal.  I tried to delete my account as I didn't want to take up space that someone else could use but I don't know if that worked.

I agree Ann, I too wasn't aware that it was a " public " site, so like you, I have deleted my account.

BTW .. Yours has gone.

I would have welcomed a private gallery. ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

Just so I'm clear on this, what you're not happy with is the fact that there's a central 'page' where all the albums are on view?

Any photos you upload can be password protected and are then only visible to anyone you give the password to. Or have I missed the point?
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Quote from: Rik on Dec 19, 2007, 11:54:06
Just so I'm clear on this, what you're not happy with is the fact that there's a central 'page' where all the albums are on view?

Any photos you upload can be password protected and are then only visible to anyone you give the password to. Or have I missed the point?

(1) Correct.

(2) Yes I realise that Rik.

I can only speak for myself of course. ;)

cavillas

Another brilliant piece from IDNET.   Well worth getting to grips with and is straightforward to use after going round the options and setup.

I only have 2 photos up at the moment but will probably increase them when I find some I like.

Have a quick look  http://gallery.idnet.com/main.php/v/cavillas/
------
Alf :)

Gary

You can hide personal photos though and as rik said go to edit on your album, at the bottom add a password then no one can see your pictures without that password

Glenn

I have just loaded 1 photo, I would like a option to upload more than 8 at a time though
Glenn
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: cavillas on Dec 19, 2007, 11:59:36
I only have 2 photos up at the moment but will probably increase them when I find some I like.

Have a quick look  http://gallery.idnet.com/main.php/v/cavillas/

I just grabbed a handful, Alf, when I set mine up. I like the way the software sizes the pics, but allows the full size image to be selected. I'm not sure I like the Exif information being shown, it gives away too many secrets. ;) (It can be removed in an image editing program if you wanted to hide it.)
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: Glenn on Dec 19, 2007, 12:07:43
I have just loaded 1 photo, I would like a option to upload more than 8 at a time though

Where was that, Glenn?
Rik
--------------------

Noreen

I don't understand how you view the photos, Rik's or cavillas' for instance.

Ann

Quote from: Rik on Dec 19, 2007, 11:54:06

Yes, I don't really like the side menu with everyone's name on it.  So when I give the URL of my gallery to my friends, they are invited to see everyone else's.  My photos aren't private and anyone could stumble on them but this is a bit too open for me.

Gary

Gary

Quote from: Ann on Dec 19, 2007, 12:10:24
Yes, I don't really like the side menu with everyone's name on it.  So when I give the URL of my gallery to my friends, they are invited to see everyone else's.  My photos aren't private and anyone could stumble on them but this is a bit too open for me.
You can change your name as well for annonimity and with a password no one can view any of you pictures if you set it that way Ann, I'll password protect mine in a bit then only hand out the password to friends, no one can see you pictures or name at all then untill they have logged in