Newsletter

Started by Noreen, Dec 21, 2007, 10:59:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Noreen

Having read about the Newsletter in another thread I found that I hadn't received one. Just to check I then went to my Yahoo.co.uk mail service, I had discontinued using this address for IDNet after a known problem with Yahoo and had set up a new IDNet address for such messages, I was surprised to see the IDNet Newsletter there. Not only that but I could read it, the message area wasn't blank as previously! I then checked my IDNet account details and found that the email address for contact had reverted back to Yahoo (without any action on my part). I'm not complaining because as long as I can read the IDNet messages in Yahoo I'm quite happy. I wasn't aware that this problem had been solved though. BTW while checking through all the details in my IDNet details recently I've twice got logged out without me doing so.

Rik

Hi Noreen

There is a bug on the website that is intermittent, but which logs people out after a (in my case) particular sequence of actions, eg checking bandwidth usage then going to network status. If you can replicate the sequence which affects you, drop an email to support@idnet.net, as this will help them trace the issue.

The email address reversion is probably related to the new website, I found that my password reverted with the changeover.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Noreen

It's nice that the blank Yahoo message is solved. ;D

Rik

It is, as it was affecting forum emails too - if anyone asked for a password reminder on a Yahoo address, they got a blank message in response. Not ideal. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Ann

I haven't found the site logs me out mid use so to speak, but it doesn't remember me however many time I hit that remember me box.  I didn't think I was so forgettable.

Rik

It remembers me, Ann. Are you deleting, or not accepting, cookies?
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Quote from: Ann on Dec 21, 2007, 11:48:16
I haven't found the site logs me out mid use so to speak, but it doesn't remember me however many time I hit that remember me box.  I didn't think I was so forgettable.

It remembers me as well Ann, just as well 'cos I can never remember my password. ;D
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Noreen

Just discovered something about the Yahoo problem and it's apparent solving, Rik. I've always used what they call the "classic" yahoo mail style and just recently have tried out their new yahoo mail layout etc. It seems that the blank message problem is still there if I revert back to the classic style but is NOT there if I use the new style.  ???

Rik

Useful to know, thanks, Noreen. :)
Rik
--------------------

Ann

Talking of the newsletter, has anyone taken them up on the offer of paying for 12 months in advance at a discount?  I might do that in the new year when the credit card's paid off.  Have to think about it.

Malc

Where do you get the newslettesr?

I signed up, but unless it came after 9am, I havn't got one. ???

Malc

Quote from: Ann on Dec 21, 2007, 13:46:42
Talking of the newsletter, has anyone taken them up on the offer of paying for 12 months in advance at a discount?  I might do that in the new year when the credit card's paid off.  Have to think about it.

Sounds interesting, what is the discount for paying yearly?

Ann

http://www.idnet.net/news/article.jsp?id=46

Pay for 11 months and get 12 months but you're still not hooked in for the full year.  If you leave earlier you get the unused portion of money back, presumably you then lose the free month but that's the game.  Sounds like a win win situation really.  I think I've talked myself into it.  Wil really sort it in the New Year.

Rik

Quote from: Malc on Dec 21, 2007, 14:06:25

I signed up, but unless it came after 9am, I havn't got one. ???

It went out at 9:40, Malc.
Rik
--------------------

Noreen

Quote from: Malc on Dec 21, 2007, 14:06:25

I signed up, but unless it came after 9am, I haven't got one. ???
You haven't previously used a different email address for IDNet contact have you? I found my newsletter in an address that I'd discontinued for IDNet. Rik said that the reverting to the old address was probably due to the new IDNet website.

Malc

I now have my very first newsletter.

Rik

Congratulations. :)
Rik
--------------------