No mp3sparks.com

Started by duncan, Jan 04, 2008, 22:00:21

Previous topic - Next topic

duncan

Anyone noticed you can't reach www.mp3sparks.com via idnet?  I was tempted to try it out after it was confirmed in respected newspapers as legal.  But it is unreachable from idnet.  You can reach it via different ISPs and through anonymous proxies, which leads me to believe idnet is applying its own blacklists.  Or is it just me?

Duncan

Adam

As far as I am aware IDNet do not filter or block traffic in general. The website you've mentioned times out beyond the IDNet network, at "po12-0.core01.par01.atlas.cogentco.com" to be exact. It may be worth contacting IDNet and asking if there is an alternative route that may be used to the website.
Adam

Simon

I would say it's questionable as to whether the site is legal, given that it appears to be a phoenix from the ashes of 'allofmp3.com', which was closed down last year by the MPAA.  Until such legality is clarified, to be on the absolute safe side, my advice would be to steer clear.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AllOfMP3
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Lance

It does seem to be a routing issue beyond the idnet network. Best bet would be to email or phone support asking if the could possibly change anything, such as the network chosen to carry traffic to and from that site.
Lance
_____

Rik

This story at El Reg seems to explain the problem.
Rik
--------------------

Simon

Glad I never gave them my personal details!
Simon.
--

Philip

Quote from: Simon on Jan 12, 2008, 11:53:28
Glad I never gave them my personal details!

Quite right, the only person on the web I give my personal details to is my best buddy in Nigeria who wants to give me a small fortune, apparently.  :rofl:

Simon

Oh, let me know when you get it, Doc.  I expect you'll be going over to meet him soon, with your cheque for the administration costs, which seems very reasonable to me.
Simon.
--

Philip

Quote from: Simon on Jan 12, 2008, 20:21:57
Oh, let me know when you get it, Doc.  I expect you'll be going over to meet him soon, with your cheque for the administration costs, which seems very reasonable to me.

don't even have to go over there Simon, I gave him my bank details, now just waiting for him to deposit the funds ;) He seems such a nice chap >:D   :legpull:

Simon

Simon.
--