Thinking of joining idnet

Started by jockwav, Dec 28, 2007, 16:03:16

Previous topic - Next topic

jockwav

Hello all,
At the moment i am with vivaciti,but i have heard a lot of good reports about idnet.
Is idnet a reseller or who is the parent company,thanks. ;D

IDNET----Uhuhuh TCB
Moving to corfu march 2011
James

http://gallery.idnet.com/main.php/v/jockwav

Rik

Hi and welcome to the forum, have a karma.  :welc: :karmic:

IDNet are not a reseller, I'm not sure whether IDNet is a trading or registered name, but the original name was Infinity Developments. It's a privately owned company, the joint MDs are brother, Simon & Tim Davies.

I think you'll like it here - we all do. :)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Adam

Quote from: jockwav on Dec 28, 2007, 16:03:16
Hello all,
At the moment i am with vivaciti,but i have heard a lot of good reports about idnet.
Is idnet a reseller or who is the parent company,thanks. ;D

IDNet do not resell products for anyone, they have a direct relationship with BT Wholesale.

Update: I see Rik got here first. :P
Adam

jockwav

Thanks for your replies guys,i am seriously looking at idnet. ;D ;)

Glad your not entanet as i am not impressed with them. :laugh:

IDNET----Uhuhuh TCB
James

Rik

If you take a look around the forum, you'll find a generally happy customer base, it's the same over on ThinkBroadband. I've been with IDNet for 14 months now and have never regretted the changed.

They are good people to deal with, you'll never talk to a script jockey (the calls to support are on an 0800 number), and they listen to what customers say. In the past year, we've had an increase in the bandwidth allowance, new email addresses, web space, blog space and a photo gallery added - all at no extra cost.
Rik
--------------------

jockwav

Thank you Rik,i think i feel quite happy now about joining idnet. ;D

IDNET----Uhuhuh TCB
James

Rik

I've not met a single person who's ever regretted doing so. No ISP is perfect, but IDNet do try hard to be. Even when a freak set of circumstances took down a mail server a couple of months ago, they worked to restore service over the weekend before recovering all the mail for us. They then amended the network status page in line with requests we made for better information to be made available to us.

You can't really ask for much more.
Rik
--------------------

cavillas

I beg to differ Rik.. I regret joining IDNEt because it has taken away my misery and made me feel happy.  I'm no longer a malcontent but rally content, and what with nothing to complain about, what have IDNEt done to me.  I'm a shadow of my former self, why even my wife finds it difficult to comprehend a happy husband. ;D   :out:
------
Alf :)

J!ll

Rik

Quote from: cavillas on Dec 28, 2007, 16:43:48
I beg to differ Rik.. I regret joining IDNEt because it has taken away my misery

Thanks, Alf - that made me chuckle. I'll have a word with Simon and see if we can't arrange some tribulations especially for you.  >:D
Rik
--------------------

TheMonkey

jockwav, welcome to IDnet  ;D

I joined last month i think it was, and although i'm paying more than i did with my last broadband provider (virgin - vomit) I feel like i'm stealing this of them because it is that good!!

I have just upgraded to the homesupermax and i don't know why?  ??? I just can't get enough.

Is Idnet that good? or was virgin that bad :laugh:
Vrooooooooooom........oh wait. Whats happened?

Rik

A bit of both, I suspect.  :)
Rik
--------------------

Adam

Quote from: TheMonkey on Dec 28, 2007, 17:05:32
Is Idnet that good? or was virgin that bad :laugh:

IDNet is that good, and Virgin is that bad. I think you may be experiencing an outer worldly experience due to the difference and thus should break something to bring you back to Earth. >:D
Adam

g7pkf

Well what can i add.

My wife calls me Victor (after meldrew) when i said were changing isp her eyes just rolled ::), later in bed she said are you sure i don't think i can stand another isp change. (i have only changed isp apx 5 times in 10 years).

Well apart from 1 billing (them not taking money) error-possibly due to my cc expiring and me updating details before the new one was even active-Simon soon put that right.

All has been well as far as Idnet are concerned.

Yes i still have train issues but thats another story......and only 1-2 disconnects a week now compared to 150+ a day :o when i first moved hose..

So yes and i monitor my isp boards even when i do not have a problem.

and yes i pay top wack for the service i receive apx 4Mb down BUT 700K UP ;D but im not complaining honest.

cavillas

Quote from: Rik on Dec 28, 2007, 16:59:34
Thanks, Alf - that made me chuckle. I'll have a word with Simon and see if we can't arrange some tribulations especially for you.  >:D

Threats..Ahh!! that makes me feel more at home. :yes: :dv: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
------

jockwav

Thanks guys,i like you all already. ;D ;) :laugh: 8)

IDNET----Uhuhuh TCB
James

Den

Come on gang give jockwav a big wave  :bow: :bow: :bow:
Mr Music Man.

PeterNem

I've just migrated my parents over from Eclipse. Paying the same price as they did with Eclipse but things are noticeably quicker - no regrets here.

jockwav

Asked for my mac,but entanet do not work the weekends,just have to wait now. ;D

IDNET----Uhuhuh TCB
James

Rik

They have five working days to give it to you, so it may take until Monday week at worst. :(
Rik
--------------------

Broadback

Quote from: cavillas on Dec 28, 2007, 16:43:48
I beg to differ Rik.. I regret joining IDNEt because it has taken away my misery and made me feel happy.  I'm no longer a malcontent but rally content, and what with nothing to complain about, what have IDNEt done to me.  I'm a shadow of my former self, why even my wife finds it difficult to comprehend a happy husband. ;D   :out:

Take away his Karmas, mayhap that will give him something to moan at! :solved:
Nothing is perfect, not even my ignorance!

Rik

Ooh, the mark of a forum regular. :)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Quote from: jockwav on Dec 29, 2007, 16:36:21
Asked for my mac,but entanet do not work the weekends,just have to wait now. ;D

It is worth waiting for..  ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

jockwav

Oh yes,cause they are full of you know what. ;D :D

IDNET----Uhuhuh TCB
James

cavillas

Quote from: Broadback on Dec 29, 2007, 16:41:20
Take away his Karmas, mayhap that will give him something to moan at! :solved:

That's not nice...moan, moan, moan. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :mad:
------