ADSL MAX Positives

Started by ceejay, Sep 06, 2006, 21:44:51

Previous topic - Next topic

ceejay

Hi All,  I am on Dial-up at the moment and am considering ADSL MAX.  Now the majority of posts on this subject (on all forums) are about problems.  I would like to hear about happy ADSL MAX users, so that i can make a balanced decision.

Many thanks

mrapoc

well it deffo (and usually) is a lot faster than the standard 2mbps, varying from 3 - 6 mbps usually

depends on ur line stats to do this, type in run "cmd" then enter

the type "adslinfo /all" i do believe

login if necessary

then copy it all in here by right clicking, click mark, select it all, press enter then copy / paste it in

maxping

Quote from: ceejay on Sep 06, 2006, 21:44:51
I would like to hear about happy ADSL MAX users, so that i can make a balanced decision.

Hi mate, though i am having a few problems at the moment (BT causing it not IDNet) i can honestly say i am happy here.

My download speeds are great and always have been , i get 4500kbps to 5500kbps speeds depending on the time of day.

Philip

Najarak

I have been on ADSLMax since April, like Maxping I get variable speeds but usually two to three times what I got when on 2mb. Bear in mind that IDNet will change your speed back to a fixed one if ADSLMax does not work for you.

Best advice seems to be to try it.
Steve

Danni

Apart from recent problems (which I'm sure will get sorted soon) I saw an improvement in speed from 1mb (fastest my line could support) to 3-6mb. I'm very happy with it :)
IDNet Customer (ex-partner's name): 6th January 2006 - 23rd March 2007
IDNet broadband Customer (my name): 11th June 2008 - 21st April 2010

Now with Be for internets, IDNet for phone.

cosmicdance

I'm on ADSL MAX and my connection is 100% fast, stable and 1.5 MB which is the fastest available due to my distance from the exchange.
The only problem I had was using a USB Speedtouch modem. At first it would constantly disconnect but I got a router and it's never disconnected since, even in the 10 day training period.

I can honestly say Idnet are absolutley fantastic in every way.

Andy
Like barmy animations? Visit www.sbsq-productions.co.uk

cavillas

Been on MAx since March.  No problems and much faster than my 1MB connection.  Normally 3.5-5.5MB now.   ;D

I think a lot of the comments being received about MAXDSl are from a lot of people who misunderstand the system.  It enables UP TO 8MB according to users equipment, line quality, distance from the exchange etc.  Some of these same peope seem to expect to get 8MB jst as they seemed to expect to get 2MB, when it was always marketed as up to those speeds.

Not many people on IDNet complain about ADSLMAx because they understand it.  Don't they!  :police:

:) :) :) :) :) :)
------
Alf :)

ceejay

Hi everybody
Many thanks for your replies, have taken the bull by the horns and put an order in to IDNet today.

Jeff

Good for you ceejay, like the majority of us, you probably won`t see any problems at all and in the unlikely event that you do, a solution usually can be offered :)