Pipex swallows The Bulldog !?

Started by Scott, Sep 08, 2006, 11:22:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

It's been reported yesterday that Pipex have just acquired the Residential & Small Business portion of the Bulldog Customer base for £12m in cash ! One wonders where these guys are getting the wherewithall to consume another ISP (see F2S takeover earlier this year)

Not surprisingly the Bulldog userforum on AG has gone into overdrive. A mixed bag of cheerful '...wonder what this will do to the prices', '...we're doomed, doooomed I tells ye !' and 'OMFG...I just left F2S to get away from these mooks and they're following me !!' type posts.

Needlesstosay many many users well acquainted with the Pipex practices following takeovers are girding their loins for a fight already. Communications with CS have confirmed the 'brand' has been bought over and Pipex have no plans to transfer the Bulldog userbase over onto their network or introduce FUPs, throttling or shaping [...at this time ? Ed.]

Only time will tell, but one thing's for sure...if the Bulldog gets put on a short leash we're sure to see another F2S debacle !

[Incase you're wondering how we all measure up to these guys]
Member of the IDNet Mafia
How to Spot and Deal with Trolls

Jeff

On the ball Scotty lad, as ever :)

Thing is, Bulldog users are only there because they can get uncapped and probably couldn`t give a monkeys who thier ISP is, so long as they can continue downloading the internet every night ... where next for the leechers, pray tell? ;)

Cos Pipex are gonna cap `em big style ;)

Scott

Quote from: Jeff on Sep 11, 2006, 23:28:37
Cos Pipex are gonna cap `em big style ;)

Soooooo true Jeff...can't wait until it hits !? There's gonna be a meltdown !
Member of the IDNet Mafia
How to Spot and Deal with Trolls

Jeff

I really dunno where they can go, Zen on 2 Meg? Most of the Bully boys will be LLU anyway? Gonna tek a peak at Bully forum on AG ;)

Rik

I see today that the number of Bulldog customers acquired by Pipex has fallen significantly, so they will only be paying about £10M now...
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.