Worst ISP you were with before you joined IDNET ?

Started by Dont mention Talk Talk !!, Jan 02, 2008, 00:03:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Dont mention Talk Talk !!

Heh Heh, look at my user name, if I described all the bad things id be typing for the next 6 months.

YOUR biggest pre-IDNet stinker of an ISP was who, and why in YOUR case did they suck so bad ?

When I joined IDNET I realised what an ISP should be like.  ;D

psp83

Sorry for swearing.. but i was with Tiscali!..

Going to wash my mouth out now and brush my teethe with a wire brush

Dont mention Talk Talk !!

Quote from: psp83 on Jan 02, 2008, 00:35:21
Sorry for swearing.. but i was with Tiscali!..

Going to wash my mouth out now and brush my teethe with a wire brush

and why was your experience such a pile of krap ?

psp83

Because they was Tiscali? Everything about them are cr*p  :laugh:

CS dont listen, Every problem is someone elses problem and not theres, Status update never got updated

On IDnet i get around 6.5mb and on Tis.... i was only getting sub 512k.

Pings we're over 300ms on a good night. With IDnet i get 11ms to UK and 23ms to euro servers.

I could go on and on but i dont want to bore you!  :P

Gary

Damned, if you do damned if you don't

talos2

Quote from: Killhippie on Jan 02, 2008, 07:04:22
Orange, and before you ask go here >:D

Me too, in fact it may have been you who alerted me to Idnet, if so thank you. :bow: :bow:

:ty:
EX Orange and proud of it.

Glenn

I have only ever had 2 broadband ISP's F2S & IDNet
Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

Three broadband, Wanadoo, Nildram, IDNet. No contest.  ;D
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Only two here as well Plusnet ( read MinusNet  :() and IDNet, chalk and cheese springs to mind..  ;)
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Philip

Freeserve(ok),

Firenet(ok),

F2S(ok but badly let down by their customer service which was a worry to me, hence my move here.)

So no real clunkers but IDNet is by far the best ISP I have been with.

Noreen

Quote from: Glenn on Jan 02, 2008, 14:44:21
I have only ever had 2 broadband ISP's F2S & IDNet
Me too. I had no complaints about my f2s/Easynet LLU service and I always got good help from their Support. I only left because I wanted to get out before Tiscali really got going.

ducky22

I used to love plusnet until they introduced traffic shaping. They're still quite good and the network is very stable (can't say that for their email and web space but I don't use them).

I cannot stand UKOnline however. I was with them for 2 weeks before I moved. It was a nightmare trying to get out or around their 1 year contract.

J!ll

Lineone? Freeserve, Yahoo, Tiscali  >:(  thank god for Idnet!  :-*

Am sure there was another? can't have been good  ;D

mogden

E7Even :eek4: - I even recommended them to a number of neighbours when our exchange got ADSL.

Then they got rubbish and I felt guilty
Then they went bust and garden walled us into 186K :eek4: and I felt worse
Then 186K were EVEN WORSE than E7Even!
Then on the recommendation of a neighbour I joined ... (wait for it) ... ECLIPSE! :eek4: :eek4: :eek4:
It took me three months to persuade them to drop the early termination fee....
Luckily the neighbours are very forgiving.

Then I joined IDNet and all has been wonderful. Don't even bother to look elsewhere if you need decent broadband.
Matt

ceci n'est pas un .sig

Adam

I've only been with two other ISPs, Pipex and PlusNet, and both started out good then went into rapid decline after a few years. I'm hoping IDNet doesn't end up doing the same thing, though I'm approaching my second year with IDNet now and the service is just as good. ;D
Adam

D-Dan

Freeserve (dial up days through to BB) - OK for the most part
Wanadoo - oh oh - things started getting a bit flakey
Orange - calls to CS every week, never getting an answer (and even when you did it was somewhere in Bangalore), VOIP never worked, took money that they shouldn't have - supplied 3 duff MAC codes - slow unreliable connection - shall I go on
IDNet - Happy Days Are Here Again dah da da daa da dah doobedy dah
Have I lost my way?

This post doesn't necessarily represent even my own opinions, let alone anyone else's

BrianM

Started with Supanet then Bt openworld, onto Freeserve/Wanadoo, then Orange took over and put in their LLU system then things went belly up, never could get more than 512k download. CS at Orange useless, blame everything and everyone but themselves,told me I couldn't get a faster speed on my line even tried to get me to re-install windows. Changed to Idnet from recomendations on Orange's forum, :yes:  Didn't have to change a thing on my PC apart from Idnet settings. D Speeds 8 times faster.     :ty:   :ty: Idnet.    :bow:
Brian

Take care of all your memories. For you cannot relive them.

Arthix

Only had two Broadband providers here aswell.

Bulldog 512k Unlimited, never had a problem except for them forgetting to take my money for several months. Only reason I moved over to IDNet was because I was paying ~£27 a month for 512k and Bulldog got taken over by Pipex/Tiscali.

Worst provider i'v ever been with was BT because they booted us off their "unlimited" 56k package due to overuse.:hehe:

Adam

Quote from: Arthix on Jan 02, 2008, 21:51:02
Worst provider i'v ever been with was BT because they booted us off their "unlimited" 56k package due to overuse.:hehe:

I've been through quite a few dial-up ISPs; the last was Freeserve, after which I moved to Pipex. Freeserve used to be a decent ISP if you never needed to contact them. :P
Adam

Arthix

Quote from: Adam on Jan 02, 2008, 21:58:48
I've been through quite a few dial-up ISPs; the last was Freeserve, after which I moved to Pipex. Freeserve used to be a decent ISP if you never needed to contact them. :P

I think we moved over to Freeserve after we got booted from BT actually. ;D

Sebby

I started with BT Broadband (then BT Openworld) all those years ago, then moved to Pipex, then to Entanet, and am now with IDNet.

The worst was Pipex (BT Openworld were decent back then, and Entanet were good).

Simon

Pipex for 4 years, till they started to go downhill, then IDNet, where I hope to stay!  ;D

Simon.
--

ducky22

Quote from: Adam on Jan 02, 2008, 21:58:48

I used AOL and their 'unlimited' package which I found really was unlimited. I'd leave it connected for 24/7 most of the time :-D. They never complained once.

TheMonkey

i went straight fro Virgin.net. they were fine and speeds were good, then virgin media happened and we got all blueyonder and ntl customers.  bye bye broadband service.

absolutly shocking!
Vrooooooooooom........oh wait. Whats happened?

tfw7

dial up with freeserve/wanadoo/orange - ok I guess  :-\

BB with virgin for 1 year - started off ok at 5-6Mbps  :), then declined to sub 1Mbps  >:( with record low of 26kbps  :'(

only been with idnet for 6 weeks or so but loving it  ;D - consistent speeds of around 6.8-6.9Mbps  8)