MPs get web filter 'dark ages' warning

Started by Noreen, Feb 26, 2008, 17:58:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Noreen

QuoteA Microsoft executive told MPs today that forcing software companies to install internet content filtering technology with high-security settings as standard to all computers would send the UK back to the "dark ages"..............
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/feb/26/microsoft.digitalmedia

madasahatter

At last - someone talking some kind of sense  :)

Rik

For once (checks for bright star in the East), I agree with something said by Microsoft!
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

somanyholes

if such a thing where to happen due to the fact usability would be be a nightmare, i would of thought companies/people would end up altering settings themselves to get usability back, due to this there would probably be a high chance that systems would end up being more open than they are now. Thats my 2pence anyway

Rik

Agreed. We'd all be getting hacked and unlocked copies of Windows, or moving to Linux, as fast as we can go. If kids need protecting, how about parents taking on a little responsibility!
Rik
--------------------

madasahatter

Quote from: Rik on Feb 26, 2008, 18:40:14
Agreed. We'd all be getting hacked and unlocked copies of Windows, or moving to Linux, as fast as we can go. If kids need protecting, how about parents taking on a little responsibility!

Parents taking on a little responsibility? Now there's a silly idea!! >:D

I'm calling the men in white coats now.  ;D

Rik

Rik
--------------------

madasahatter

Who? Thomas and Harry?

they're regular visitors at my house too  ;D

Rik

So that would make you a D...??  :o  ;D
Rik
--------------------

Broadback

My father was what is now called a psychiatric nurse, he always said that anyone who had been certified insane, as it used to be, and were then discharged were the only people who could produce documentation certifying their sanity.  ;)
Nothing is perfect, not even my ignorance!

Rik

Rik
--------------------

madasahatter

Quote from: Broadback on Feb 27, 2008, 10:23:39
My father was what is now called a psychiatric nurse, he always said that anyone who had been certified insane, as it used to be, and were then discharged were the only people who could produce documentation certifying their sanity.  ;)

That makes a certain kind of sense BB  ;)