Worst ISP you were with before you joined IDNET ?

Started by Dont mention Talk Talk !!, Jan 02, 2008, 00:03:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Shh, they'll all want that sort of speed.  ;D
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

zimmerframe

Quote from: TheMonkey on Jan 04, 2008, 14:03:22
i went straight fro Virgin.net. they were fine and speeds were good, then virgin media happened and we got all blueyonder and ntl customers.  bye bye broadband service.

absolutly shocking!

I was with Virgin from 1996 until about 18 months ago when, as you say, the service just went to pot.  Haven't looked back since :)

If The World Didnt Suck, We'd all Fall Off

Andy70

Quote from: psp83 on Jan 02, 2008, 00:35:21
Sorry for swearing.. but i was with Tiscali!..

Going to wash my mouth out now and brush my teethe with a wire brush

So was i ! - Got out asap and went to fast.co.uk  :thup:

Only reason i ended up here was due to the pricing of the packages they offer - IDNet are much better  :karmic:

drummer

I ran the full gamut of dialup ISPs using their 30 day trials, finally signing up to Demon.  Left them sharpish when I realised virgin.net dialup was PAYG.

A leaflet dropped through my letterbox offering HomeChoice 1Mb broadband and on-demand TV on a three-month free trial.  Although the TV side was of no interest, the 1Mb connection was faster than cable at the time and I signed up immediately.  To describe the service and CS as fantastic would be doing it a disservice, but when the trial ended, I couldn't justify the cost and cancelled.

Then I made the stupid mistake of using cost as the main criterion for my next ISP and signed up to Tiswas.  It was so-so on 526k, average on 2Mb but utterly dismal on MaxDSL and CS was apalling throughout.  And don't get me started on traffic-shaping and bogus FUPs!  Apologies to the OP but if I went into detail about how bad Tiswas is, it would take up about ten A4 pages.

Been with IDnet since September '06 and see no reason to move anywhere else.  Wish it was cheaper, but whatcha gonna do...
To stay is death but to flee is life.

mark

Started with Fast 4 who had similar ethos to IDNet. They were taken over by V21 who were swiftly taken over by Biscit who went bust within days. Luckily I was paying monthly, saw this coming and cancelled my DD. Had to wait 28 days for the line to be freed.

Changed to BT who cut me off (by mistake) within a month. Line was tagged so it took 3 months to get the service back and then they forgot to bill me for 6 months. SMTP email never did work and I spent hours on the phone to the Orient (not a take away) to try and get it fixed. Both billing and mail problems were off the script so nothing was ever was done.

When BT finally caught up with me they wrote saying that they would not pursue the outstanding money. They also said my contract period was complete (it still had 1 yr to go). Got a MAC within minutes of receiving the letter and changed to IDNet 1 week later.

Den

Started off with E7even and was well pleased, then things started to go wrong and they were taken over by Ezeedsl part of 186k, so thing went even worse. Top speed on my line was about 1.8mbs, worked my way out of the contract and came to Idnet now speed is about 6.3mbs and very stable, great move and if all stays the same I will not move again.  ;D
Mr Music Man.

Archie

We started years ago with Freeserve and they were fine. Then it was taken over by Wanadoo and if anything it got a bit better. No problems. Then it became Orange and went downhill rapidly. Not only was the speed laughable but when the connection started dropping out they couldn't begin to get it sorted. After we had been without a connection for a week I blew my top, got a MAC number and found, by good luck, IDnet. Problems sorted! :)

Nigel

AOL, 'cos I really hate their silly software. The only way to get rid of them from my computer was to do a clean re-install of Windows. I have just migrated to ID Net from Supanet (yes, yes, I know!) who were fine (for me) until port throttling and traffic shaping hit big-time in the summer of last year. Love ID net though  :D

Rik

Glad to hear it, Nigel. Welcome to the forum, have a karma. :)

:welc: :karmic:
Rik
--------------------

Lance

Lance
_____

Noreen

Simon

Simon.
--

Nigel

Inactive

Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Noreen

I presume that the "outside" smileys disappearing act in previous posts is to do with the IDNet maintenance work.

Rik

It will be, Noreen. Some sites appear to have dropped out at the moment - I guess that's the routing anomaly Simon was referring to.
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

Yes, I'm having a bit of trouble accessing some sites, e.g. Transport for London.

Endgame

Dial up - Freeserve, fine no problems then they changed to wanadoo and things weren't so smooth

Ruralinternet, a very good service and speeds but there pricing was a little high

BT - by far the worst isp i have had, couldn't wait to leave after my 12mnth contract ended

ADSL24 briefly, had major problems that their CS failed to recognise and they were blaming BT exchange when i knew for a fact the problem was at there end!

IDNet - Excellent, nothing else to say really!

They think the end is nigh, it is only the beginning....................

Dazbobaby

my penny's worth....
Freeserve Dial up - free to staff :D
Broadband, seemed to go from some great start up's that went downhill fast!
Bulldog, Eclipse, pipexhomecall - now pipex were pretty good if you did'nt mind low speeds, as I was a high bandwidth user, they switched me from 8mb to 1mb and would'nt swap it back, got out after six months of terrible service and joined IDNet.
Been with IDNet 6 days now, so far so good.
I just hope and prey they don't get bought out, or reduce their service, I don't mind paying more and getting less as long as the service is good.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Dazbobaby

DSG employee and not freeserve.
Bad to worse? Yep. Leave me alone, I served my time, did and 8 year stretch, still no idea what I did to deserve that :D

Rik

Rik
--------------------

g7pkf

isp's i have used:-
Dial up
compuserve
pipex
freeserve

Broadband
NTL cable- good in the early days deteriorated badly
Metronet excellent till they got taken over by minusnet.
back to NTL cable (long story but i needed more speed minusnet really p***ed me off-billing errors downtime galore slower speed and NTL they just started offering 10Mb and the exchange i was on was not max enabled-and not due to be till 2008)
Newnet-again excellent couldn't fault them.
then idnet due to the higher upload speed again excellent just hope they don't get taken over by minusnet or anyone else EVER.

If they did i would seriously consider going back to Newnet.

Rik

Newnet and Zen were the two others on my shortlist when I chose IDNet.
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

I think NewNet have a very similar ethos to IDNet, whilst Zen are quite a bit bigger. Until recently, I don't think NewNet were faulted, but then they made some changes to their packages (perhaps reducing the download allowance, I'm not certain) and some got upset. It must be said that they supposidly did this to maintain their current high level of service whilst not increasing their prices (which does make sense).