Worst ISP you were with before you joined IDNET ?

Started by Dont mention Talk Talk !!, Jan 02, 2008, 00:03:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

I don't think so, but then f2s customers probably didn't think so at one time...
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Sebby

True. We have to be realistic and be aware that it's always possible, not just with IDNet, but with any small company. People can change their mind when large sums of money are involved. We have a pretty good idea that IDNet are not about this, but it can never be ruled out.

Noreen

Very true, I was very happy there when it was independent. As I've said before it was run by two brothers just like IDNet. I was most impressed when I first joined when Support phoned me soon after connection to check that it was OK and that I was happy with it. Because I'd had some problems later (which were solved) with the connection one of the Support people had got to know me and when I mentioned in the f2support forum that I was thinking of leaving due to Tiscali he offered to push everything through quickly for me. So I really had no complaints.   

azkin13

Quote from: Rik on Feb 08, 2008, 11:49:36
You may be able to argue that the contract falls foul of the Unfair Contract Terms Act - if the contract period was 12 months, it would not be reasonable for you to expect any penalties after that time.

I have the MAC from Supanet Rik, and I will use the argument above when they ask for the £39.99 payment.  Hopefully I'll be connected to iDNet Wednesday evening when I get in from work  ;D  Supanet download speeds have been terrible this is typical in the evening:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results/id/120223967458581428056.html .

Cheers

Az

Rik

That is painful, Az. I'm sure you'll notice the difference when you migrate. :)

It might be worth having a word with your local Trading Standards people about the charge. I've found them very good on such matters.
Rik
--------------------

Tina

I'm gonna say the P word - Pipex.. well technically still with them, but working (very ) hard not to be  :no: Great service when I joined them in 2001, rapidly gone down hill over last couple of years and now been taken over by Tiscali.. time to jump ship me thinks  :thumb:

Rik

Rik
--------------------

madasahatter

Rik

Rik
--------------------

madasahatter

Ah - they have them bult in do they? And do they have a coffee maker for you to enjoy on your way down?  ;)

Rik

No, they haven't worked out a way to keep the liquid from going the wrong way. :)
Rik
--------------------

madasahatter

Well it's time they did then isn't it? Divert all the money going into nuclear and medical research RIGHT NOW to solve this menace to our society >:D

Rik

And a free ejector seat with every ISP sub? :)
Rik
--------------------

madasahatter

only if it will make my coffee in the morning - I'm no good without coffee and a couple of fags  ;)

Rik

Rik
--------------------

stevenrw

Freeserve - pretty good
then Wanadoo - good initially but getting iffy,
then Orange - Iffy for a while then they enhanced the service. "Congratulations we've increased you download speed to up to 8meg" - that's exactly the point at which the wheels fell off, and bigtime.
They actually admitted that the hardwear didn't work and they had no date as to when it would be fixed. Looking at Orange problems it would appear that they have given up on fixing it and are just muddling through.
After that I promised myself I would never go with an ISP with an offshore call centre - it's just a waste of time.
IDnet are a breath of fresh air. You very soon realise it's not about cost it's about all the aspects of the service.

Rik

That's what most of us feel, Steven. You can get cheaper ISPs and, if all goes well, that's fine. It's when they don't that you realise that paying a bit more gets someone dealing with the problems for you. :)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Alas, many actually think the dire service they get from the " Big Boys " is the norm, and happily put up with it.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

madasahatter

Quote from: Inactive on Feb 26, 2008, 10:58:12
Alas, many actually think the dire service they get from the " Big Boys " is the norm, and happily put up with it.

I do think that you are right there In, but there are also plenty of people for whom the £24.99 or more for IDNet is way out of their budget. Unfortunately, such people are stuck with the cheap providers and just have to put up with it - some not very happily at all.

Inactive

It is all relative, in Spain you pay 40 Euro's  (around £30 )for a 1MB service from Telefonica, take it or leave it..  ::)

I think that we have been fed this something for nothing rubbish in the UK, and many have latched on to it, without giving it a thought.

In the big scheme of things, my £17.99 a month to IDNet is brilliant value for money.
Anything and everything that I post on here is purely my opinion, it ain't going to change the world, you are under no obligation to agree with me, it is purely my expressed opinion.

Noreen

Quote from: Inactive on Feb 26, 2008, 10:58:12
The trouble is, do we want them all to realise their mistake and come flooding into IDNet?  >:D

Rik

Quote from: madasahatter on Feb 26, 2008, 11:07:14
I do think that you are right there In, but there are also plenty of people for whom the £24.99 or more for IDNet is way out of their budget.

Though they may well pay Sky £45pm for their TV...
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: Noreen on Feb 26, 2008, 11:19:45
The trouble is, do we want them all to realise their mistake and come flooding into IDNet?  >:D

I think that IDNet would cope, Noreen. They know why 'we' are here, they wouldn't do anything to alienate us - unless they decided to go for the mass market only, and I can't see that happening.

Whether the forum would cope is another matter entirely. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Inactive

Reading other Forum's, there are lots either coming here, or giving it serious consideration. ;)